Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 won't crashes during install initialization

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
athfrocks223
377 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2014 won't crashes during install initialization

I'm trying to install 2014 Autodesk Inventor on a Windows 7 machine, and have downloaded the files with the Autodesk virtual agent.  The files downloaded fine, then extract, but the whole thing crashes during install initialization.  It doesn't even create an install log that I can find, and doesn't tell me an error code.  I've tried turning off UAC, all firewalls, and reinstalled a full .NET framework.  I'm at my wit's end trying to get this installation to work!  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: athfrocks223

Does it create a log file in your %TEMP% folder?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
athfrocks223
in reply to: TravisNave

I don't believe that it gets to the point to even create a log.  Here are some screen shots of my temp folder, the error screen, and the install screen that just stays frozen saying "Initializing" 

Message 4 of 4
athfrocks223
in reply to: athfrocks223

I retried the extraction/install again and file adsk_setup_minidump.dmp showed up in the temp folder.  I'm not sure how to read it, but I've attached it here to see if that helps any.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report