Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Windows 8.1 Compatibility

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
btm710
343 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2014 Windows 8.1 Compatibility

So I understand that there is an issue between Inventor and Windows 8 and 8.1.  I also know there are patches for it.  My problem is that when I run the patch installed from the Autodesk site it says: "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service becasue the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the update patch may update a different version of the program.  Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."  I know I have Inventor Professional (Student license) 2014 and the other programs it came with.  I also have Revit 2014 installed.  I know that the patch is for this version of Inventor.  Any help with this be it a manual file replacment or how to stop the error would be greatly appriciated.  I have a robot to make.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: btm710

are you installing the correct bit version? ex: 32 or 64 bit

it needs to match

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report