Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 SP1 closes on splash screen Win 8.1 x64

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
daniel.azim
1038 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2014 SP1 closes on splash screen Win 8.1 x64

Hi everybody!

I've ran into a quite unique problem with Inventor 2014 Pro on Win 8.1 x64 . I've installed SP1 and even the Update 2, which claim to solve startup problems. Though Inventor fails to start, splash screen launches, loads the bar to the half, then disappears to nowhere, without any error report. 
I tried all workarounds I found on the internet, even those which hasn't got exact relations to the problem ( even changed registry), still no improvement. All the other Autodesk tools work fine, even Inventor View.

I found few similar requests for help, but those didn't led to any solutions.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: daniel.azim

daniel.azim,

Hello. This type of behavior is usually connected to licensing. If this is a Network licensing type, delete the cascadeinfo.cas file and try again. It should be located here:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm

If this is a standalone install, delete the tsf.data file and retry. It is located here:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 3
daniel.azim
in reply to: dembkod

Dear David Dembkoski!

Deleting tsf.data in directory C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet helped, Inventor started, works perfectly.
Thank you very much for the quick reply! Hope this helps others!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report