Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Error 0xC0000142 on Windows 8

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
roblawarre
4621 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor 2014 Error 0xC0000142 on Windows 8

How do I fix error #0xc0000142 for Inventor LT Suite 2014 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: roblawarre

Did you install SP1?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
roblawarre
in reply to: TravisNave

Not yet didn't find SP for Inventor LT 2014
Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Try getting the appropriate version here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22322615&linkID=14002999

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
roblawarre

The link worked  ...  had to be patient downloaing because windows explorer was unstable.

Message 6 of 11
Cacoethes333

I had the same issue with Inventor Lt Suite 2014 but with Windows 8.1. I finally fixed it and it now opens fine. My OS is a 64 bit system and my DVD was a 32 bit program, I un-installed all my Autocad programs then when to support and installed the Inventor Lt Suite 2014 but using the 64 bit system. It installed with no problem but sill didn't open the Inventor Lt. I then downloaded the SP1 for the 64 bit program, rebooted and now it works. I hope this helps. Lyle
Message 7 of 11

Hi,

I followed the link and tried to install SP1 for Inventor LT 2014 after having gotten the 0xc0000142 error on windows 8 and it is telling me that the SP1 patch is not a valid patch.

I am running a Lenovo IdeaPad with Windows 8 64 bit.

I have already installed LT2014 and transferred the license using the license transfer utility successfully.

Any idea why I'd be having this problem?

Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
npim
in reply to: jacksondogsowner1

I am having the same problem with Inventor Professional on an IdeaPad Z580 64 bit running 8.1

Message 9 of 11

what version of auto cad support early 2008 macbook
Message 10 of 11
npim
in reply to: npim

edit:
when I have tried to run the updater for 32 and 64 bit I got an error along the lines of

the upgrade patch cannot be installed because some files are missing. verify that the program to be upgraded exists and that you have the correct upgrade patch.
Message 11 of 11
c13intz
in reply to: npim

Try downloading one of the two service packs from this link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products

I had the same problem and e-mailed support. They originally told me to download the first link "Update 3 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1" but I only received another error. Since I was on a bit of a time crunch, I did some searching of my own and found the link above. I had to download the second link "Autodesk Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1" and I was able to launch Inventor after that. I hope one of those downloads will work for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report