Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 & Windows 8.1 x64

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
emanon2121
18952 Views, 14 Replies

Inventor 2014 & Windows 8.1 x64

As Windows 8.1 is releasing on October 18th, will Inventor 2014 be compatible with Windows 8.1 x64 when it comes out?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: emanon2121

Obviously, this is an answer we don't know yet.  But I suspect it probably will be.  I am sure there will be an article about this around launch date. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 15
dembkod
in reply to: TravisNave

emanon2121,

Hello. There has been no official release but this is not a brand new operating system, just is an update. If this was for Windows 9, it would be safe to say it would not be immediately supported, but Windows 8 is a currently used OS that our 2014 products are able to utilize.

There is always a possibility that there will be a problem when this is released, but we won’t know until it has officially dropped. I suppose it really depends on how much of the operating system is updated and how.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 15
CaglarAydin

I am currently on windows 8.1, and tried to install Vasari and Building Design Suite 2014. Both installation failed at C++ 2005 and 2010. I did general troubleshooting and it did not work.

Message 5 of 15
jcalhoun114
in reply to: dembkod

Inventor 2014 did work in Windows 8. Sorry however, when I upgraded to Windows 8.1 (x64) Preview, there were some strange happenings on my system and after digging in several forums over a weeks time, I found that the problem was fixed after changing a varibles setting which had to do with Inventor and Content Lib. I did find that most of my other 2014 Autodesk programs work just fine on Windows 8.1, except Inventor, which gives an application fails to start correctly (0xc0000142) error. I uninstalled and reinstalled Inventor several times also used the uninstall tool to uninstall Inventor and all of the Autodesk products, then reinstalled all and applied any updates available, all tried Autodesk products work except for Inventor. So, it appears that there is most definately something different about the Windows 8.1 OS, not just an upgrade. The Windows 8.1 program diagnostics tool also stated that Inventor 2014 is not compatible..

James L Calhoun
Message 6 of 15
jcalhoun114
in reply to: jcalhoun114

After posting this message, I found the page for Service Pack 1 for Inventor. I applied it and it is now working. Thank you Autodesk.
James L Calhoun
Message 7 of 15
emanon2121

Where is the page for the service pack?

Message 8 of 15
DarrenP

here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22322619&linkID=9242019&CMP=OTC-RSS...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
sander16091992
in reply to: DarrenP

this SP is not working for me I Have try to instal it all done no error message appeard but inventor show the flach/loading screen and after loading it disapears the process is still running but no inventor has some one a solution for this

kind regards,

Sander van Luyk

P.S. problem keeps appearing after the update for SP1

Message 10 of 15
drdyno
in reply to: jcalhoun114

jcalhoun...

my experience follows yours closely, though in virtual machine.

I'm not brave enough to try these things in my workstation unless contained... so-

vmware workstation 10:  create new windows 8.1 vm with default easy install except one 4-core processor, 4GB ram (vs default single core, 2GB)

After multiple attempts, I was able to install Inventor 2014 Professional by using browser download method.

some components would start, but Inventor gave the much reported xc000142 error.

after installing update one from the site you cited, it works.

I will say however, for you vm users, I believe it was necessary to run the vm in exclusive mode during update.

-Bruce

Message 11 of 15
jacksondogsowner1
in reply to: drdyno

What do I do if when I try to install the service pack 1 for Inventor LT 2014 on a win 8.1 machine, it tells me the service pack is not valid.  It is the proper service pack (SP1, x64, LT 2014).  I have tried all the service packs, they all say wrong service pack if it is actually the wrong one or 'not valid' if it is the correct one.

Message 12 of 15

@jacksondogsowner1 wrote:

What do I do if when I try to install the service pack 1 for Inventor LT 2014 on a win 8.1 machine,

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-lt#?rows=10&sort=score

Is this the LT SP you are using?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 13 of 15
Mike686
in reply to: jacksondogsowner1

hi guys, i had the same problem, inventor would not start after i update to windows 8.1

i install the service pack for inventor 2014 and i also install the windows update for x64 systeme and it work

i can now open my inventor and it also fixed a bug with the windows explorer

i hope this help

Product Design Suite 2017
Message 14 of 15
rubioimera5

Message 15 of 15
newruiz
in reply to: rubioimera5

I have same issue, Inventer.exe starts in task manager, I get the splash screen, and then Autodesk Component starts. Splash screen goes away, Inventor.exe stops running. Autodesk Component stays running for a few min then closes.

I have all the windows updates even the special x64 update, I have installed and uninstalled many times. The last uninstall I followed the autodesk recommended uninstall instructions. Removed anything "autodesk" from my folders and registry. When installing I have it run the service packs, looks like it is installing SP2.

Install seams to run with out any issues just takes for ever where it downloads the package.

I feel I have 3 days wasted trying to get it too work, installing should not be this hard. I can't remember the last time I had this much trouble

Please help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report