Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 64 bit install failure-Some products failed to install

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Janeil-48
847 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2014 64 bit install failure-Some products failed to install

Hello,

I've installed Autodesk software before, but this is the first time I have seen a download fail. It gets about 1/4 of the way through (19/26 steps remaining) and then a failed download screen pops up stating that several programs failed to install including Autodesk Inventor (see attached image). I've done a little research on the issue and before I attempted the dpownload again, I removed all of the files that remained from my previous version of Inventor and the successfully downloaded files from this version via the quick uninstall tool. I downloaded it again and the same thing happens and it fails in the same place. Is there anything else I can do? Any help with this would be fantastic! (I use 64 bit Windows 7)

I've also attached the installation log file that showed up in the fail screen.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: Janeil-48

Hi Janiel welcome to the forum,

Based on the log it might be a download issue.

"2014/2/23:18:04:47OwnerOWNER-PCInstallAutodesk® Inventor® 2014FailedDownload Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603"

Can you try downloading the full installer and then run the install from that.  You can access the download link from the virtual agent

Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Select the 2nd Choice "Download Links "

Select your product

You are now presented with the choice to download your software. 

In addition, if you are running avast antivirus you will want to check out the article below because it has been blocking inventor installs lately

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/11/inventor-20132014-avast-anti-virus-software-red-x...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 5
Janeil-48
in reply to: asburyj

OK I followed the steps and it has given me two files (Inventor 64 bit part 1 and 2) and I moved those files to a folder on my desktop (as the steps say). Once I clicked on part 1, it gave me the option to extract to the C drive under program files-->Autodesk. I clicked OK and it gave me a corrupted file error right away. I then thought that moving the files may have damaged them so I re-downloaded them and clicked on them in my downloads folder. The same thing happened. Am I doing something wrong?

Message 4 of 5
ConnorKenobi
in reply to: asburyj

I am getting application error each time I've been trying to install this program. This is the error message:  Inventor.exe Application Error Oxc0000142.

I am working on a brand new laptop with a 2.3 ghz processor and 8.00 GB installed memory. I don't understand why I'm getting this .exe error.  I don't know what to do.

Message 5 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: ConnorKenobi

The error you are encountering is caused by an unsigned driver file on your system. The solution is to identify and rename the file. See the article linked below for details. 

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/03/autocad-2015-application-error-0xc0000142-autorun...

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report