Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 wont install

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jwderolf
344 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2013 wont install

Ive been trying to download the student version of Inventor 2013 and a communication error shows up.  I've turned off the firewall which was recommended in the message and it still wont download. Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Jim

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: jwderolf

Hi Jim and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Can you try the suggested tips in this solution regarding your same error? Please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. If not, please reply to this post with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 5
jwderolf
in reply to: jessica.t

Communication error still appears after applying the new rule.  Instructions are pretty vague on how to set it up through the wizard so I'm not sure if I did it write.  Is there a better source on how to go about opening the port to inventor?

Message 4 of 5
jwderolf

*right

Message 5 of 5
jessica.t

That came directly from the Microsoft site so it's likely the best source. But did you try the other steps? Changing your download method, changing browsers, disarming firewalls/antivirus, clearing your cookies and cache, disabling your UAC, etc.?

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report