Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 installation problem

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
dutpio
5704 Views, 19 Replies

Inventor 2013 installation problem

Hi! I have a problem with installation Inventor 2013. I cannot download it by Install now or Download now options,so  I had to chose Browser Download. The problem is, when I try to install it it freezes at 7 of 15 remaining. I left PC for few hours but nothing happend. I did format and tried again, no result. I had updated Win7, but it didn't helped. I have no idea what's wrong. Can anybody help?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
asburyj
in reply to: dutpio

Can you provide a sreenshot of where your install is getting stuck or let us know which part of the install it is on?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 20
dutpio

In right down corner is message "x of 16 remaining" and when it comes to 7 it freezes. In upper right corner is current item installation progress and it freezes at 100% ( I guess). I'll try to install it again just for screen (give me 20 minutes).

Message 4 of 20
asburyj

The numbers can be variable depending on what pre requisites you have installed and other factors. It should say in text what component it is actually installing as well. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 20
dutpio

I installed it again but this time I also had something new! Window with "PLACEHOLDER", I don't have screen of than because I was writing and space skip that message. It was like windows fatal error message (http://zhost.tk/u/hw/fatal_error.png). Installation screen in attachments.

Message 6 of 20
asburyj

Can you attach the log files? he logs will be generated in the TEMP directory which can be accessed by typing '%temp%' in the START > RUN. Please locate the logs which will have a naming convention of "Product Name Setup.log" and "Product Name Install.log" , where  "Product name" is the name and release year of the software and attach them to the thread. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 20
dutpio

Log is to big to attach it. I send "few" last lines.

Message 8 of 20
asburyj

Try zipping it, Text should compress quite a bit. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 20
dutpio

Let's try zip (rar doesn't work).

Message 10 of 20
asburyj

I actually don't find any errors in your install log. Can you try the install again only this time install to the default directory? Also ensure your antirvirus software is disabled and you are running the installer as administrator. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 11 of 20
dutpio

I tried to install it like you said. I turned off Avast and firewall. I have a screen of "PLACEHOLDER" error, and installer still freezes at the same point.

Message 12 of 20
asburyj

It looks like it's hitting some kind of odd error when trying to install Autodesk Sync. Do you have any other Autodesk software installed at the moment that has installed another version of Autodesk Sync or Autodesk 360? If so you may want to uninstall that from the programs and features control panel and try the install again. If not, attach a copy of the setup.ini file from your installer folder and I can edit it for you to take out the calls to install autodesk sync and we'll see if your install can finish without it. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 13 of 20
dutpio

I have AutoCad 2014 installed with Autodesk 360. I don't think that AutoCad is problem because I tried install Inventor before AutoCad. I attach setup.ini (in ..zip, site does not allow .ini files)

Message 14 of 20
asburyj

Ok here's the modified setup.ini. to remove the call to install autodesk sync. You will need to replace your existing setup.ini with this once. If you are installing from a DVD you will need to copy the contents to a folder on the hard drive first and then replace the setup.ini and run the setup.exe from the hard drive. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 15 of 20
sebastian.b.scholz

Hello, here exactly the same problem!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPSndOTCmew

-Fresh installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP1 (Completely updated)
-All drivers installed
-UAC disabled, Avast Antivirus disabled, all other programs closed (see attached Screenshot)
-Downloaded and extractet version of IV13 professional for students -> Installation started
-Installation stopps everytime at same time and progress without error message (simply does nothing for hours)
-Closing installation window only via taskmanager possible
-All installed programs except IV12 professional work well
-When IV13 started Windows says "ApprenticeRegSvr doesn't work anymore"

EDIT: MAYBE IT'S AVAST?

Message 16 of 20
dutpio

Hmmm Still stops at 7 of 16 remaining, but this time cancel button works. Before swapping setup.ini I had to close installer by command center. When I click on close button, window with information about ending installation pops op, and when I hit yes, after 2 - 3 minutes I get another error (attachment). I click ok and installer starts cancelling (attachment 2). After that there is a window (attachment 3).

Message 17 of 20
sebastian.b.scholz

I found the problem! For me, Avast Free 2014 Antivirus blocked the installation, even when deactivated! Uninstalled Avast and installation worked for me Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
asburyj

Since we now how multiple reports of a install problem and the Antivirus is each case is AVAST can you try looking in the settings to AVAST to make sure it hasn't gone and quarentined any files from the installer? We had a similar problem with another one of our installers where users actually had to go into Avast and restore the files. Details in the below link

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/03/autodesk-simulation-cfd-2013-avast-internet-secur...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 19 of 20

For me, Avast is uninstalled and i'll never return. Also blocked my Goole Drive, after uninstallation of Avast, Drive alsoworks now.

Message 20 of 20
dutpio

It worked! Unsinstall avast and everything will be ok! Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report