Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 to 2013 Upgrade

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jeanchile
773 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2011 to 2013 Upgrade

Hello all,

We have recently begun testing the upgrade procedure needed in our office to go from IV 2011 to the 2013 Product Design Suite Ultimate programs.

During the install of the suite on a new computer I missed a step and I am wondering what the options are on fixing it. I mistakenly thought that after I clicked install from the main installation screen that I would be taken to a configuration page were we could set up some options on installation (Content Center, No Vault, download service packs, etc.). It appears I was mistaken in thinking this came after the first page and missed the little triangles I needed to click before I selected "install". We ended up with the wrong configuration on this installation.

What are my options on fixing this issue on this machine? Do I need to un-install the whole suite and start over? Perhaps I can use the install disk to re-configure somehow? Will this affect my serial number/licensing in any way?

Any help would be appreciated.

Inventor Professional
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: jeanchile

I'd strongly recommend that you create a deployment instead of doing a complete install/configuration on each machine.  It is so easy to create (and later to modify, if needed) a deployment, and then you don't have to do anything but let it run on each machine.

But, in answer to your actual question, yes, you can modify the existing install.  For the Content Center, look in Application Options.  For service packs, just run the installers (with the usual admin privileges, UAC and anti-virus off) on the existing installation.  For Vault, there's nothing to do except to install the Vault client (I think-- we don't use Vault).

Message 3 of 6
jeanchile

Thank you Sam. I will take your advice on the deployment issue. It was already on the list of things to look at as part of our Software Implementation Study. We are currently running a couple of tests on the new version and doing a couple of maintenance items. Our plan is to continue testing today, Install/Deploy tomorrow, then get all of the data migration taken care of Friday (or through the weekend if it doesn't go well) and have everything up and running for everyone when we return to work on January 3rd.

For this one machine I will install the Content Center locally then make the changes in the Application options. I will find the service packs and run the installers. As far as Vault is concerned, we don't use it either. It was installed on this one machine because of my/our error. If I leave it installed and we don't use it, I'm wondering if this will cause issues. I know you're not using it but perhaps someone else will know if I can just leave it on this machine?

Inventor Professional
Message 4 of 6
jeanchile

Okay, so we ended up with Vault on all of the machines and now I am wondering if we can leave it there if we don't use it. Is there going to be a problem having Vault Basic installed but not in use yet? We are going to have to use it in the near future I imagine because of the planned growth in the department.

Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 6
Jon.Dean

No problem installing Vault Basic Client on all of your workstations. You just make sure you don't create a Vault project, then Inventor will not ask you to log into Vault.

Keep the project as a "Single User" project and Vault will be ignored.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 6 of 6
jeanchile
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Thank you Jon. That was the information we needed.

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report