Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 installation problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
golsson
530 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2011 installation problems

• The laptop is running Windows 7, 64 bit.
  • A install of Inventor 2011 (64 bit) from our “Stand Alone License” discs was installed on the laptop, with no license available, it was first used under the 30 day evaluation trial.
  • We were unable to change to a “Floating License”, so I attempted to uninstall Inventor 2011.
  • During the uninstall process, the laptop crashed, and had to be restarted.
  • After it was restarted, there was no longer an option to install/uninstall Inventor going through the “Add/Remove Programs.
  • After several failed attempts at reinstalling using Deployments, we have manually removed all the Inventor/Autodesk files and registry entries.
  • The uninstall programs from AutoDesk don’t work.
  • I have attempted installs from (2) separate deployments, and also from the original discs, but whatever way I try, I get the message a newer version is already installed.

I have seen many other posts similar to this and I have tried as many of the solutions as I can, but after repeated attempts is there anything else I could try?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: golsson

try running this tool:

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
golsson
in reply to: DarrenP

I have tried that uninstaller several times and it does not help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report