Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 10, Standalone to Network

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
1620 Views, 16 Replies

Inventor 10, Standalone to Network

I need to change a standalone install of Inventor to Network. I know how to do this for Autocad:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager]
"ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE"="@servername"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R16.2\ACAD-4013:409\AdLM]
"Type"=dword:00000019

What's the key for converting Inventor?
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Even though I claimed this to be once possible, I can't seem to get it to work with Inventor 10. Actually, I have gotten it to work, but it is way more involved than just reinstalling.

It is ashame, because it is easy to do with the other Autodesk products, such as AutoCAD. I am sure you have seen my many posts on that topic.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 17
TravisNave

In fact, I do have what I think is a way of doing it. However, it requires the following directions.

Replacing the following with their network alternatives:
invadlm.dll
invaip.dll
fw.dll

Adding:
Licpath.lic

And the registry additions for the network version which I believe live at:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Common Install\Shared Service\BD112000]

Granted, this is for Inventor 10 Professional. I haven't tried it for AIS10. But I am sure the process is similar.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

Thanks! that worked

Here's exactly what we did:

Replaced with network alternatives:
invadlm.dll
invaip.dll
fw.dll

reg changes:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager]
"ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE"="@servername"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion10.0]
"StandaloneNetworkType"=dword:00000003
"SerialNumber"=" - "
"LicenseType"="NETWORK"
"SerialNumberSuffix"=" "
"SerialNumberPrefix"=" "
Message 5 of 17
TravisNave

Yep, glad it worked out for you. Should be helpful to lots of others as well.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 6 of 17
sruiz39

Hello all!
I used to support ACAD a long time ago and boy have things changed. Or..not so much in some ways!
I am converting standalones to networked copies and the Autocad reg hack works great.
But, I am not familiar with the location of the networked versions of the .dlls you have listed. Are there specific cabs you know of I can pull them from? Can you e-mail them to me? There's 4 disks for the Inventor installation and before I go digging into all those files, I was hoping you could tell me of a simple method to get these.
Thanks for the input! Really appreciated.

sal
Message 7 of 17
TravisNave

Yes, these Inventor files are in the cabs at the following locations:

X:\inv1_series10\bin\acadfeui\cabs\

m102.cab
m97.cab

(X:\ is your Disc-Drive)

I believe the network version is in m102.cab. I have the files zipped up, but I do not think it is appropriate to post them here. Just extract the cabs from your disc or just do a search on it to find the appropriate ones in the cab files. Keep in mind, I am using the Inventor Pro media.

Too bad converting Inventor isn't as easy as converting AutoCAD.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 17
sruiz39

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
We use the Pro version as well.
I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
-sal
Message 9 of 17
TravisNave

Hope it works out for ya. In addition Sal, if you have an email address, I can provide you a zip file that can help you out. If you are interested, just post it in the spam-safe format of 'name(at)domain(dot)com' and I will send you the file I use to convert mine.

FYI.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 17
sruiz39

sure, anything that would help move the process along:
ruizs(at)uwosh(dot)com
thanks alot!
Message 11 of 17
TravisNave

Your email bounced. Check it again please.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 17
sruiz39

My mistake. It's ruizs(at)uwosh(dot)edu
I am at a university. A little to hasty with the keyboard!
Thanks again!
sal
Message 13 of 17
TravisNave

Sent. You can edit your messages now to remove your email address if you wish.

The zip file I sent you is for AIP10. If you have AIS10, you may have to get the files on your own.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 17
Kody

Has anyone tried this with Inventor 11 Series? Message was edited by: Kody
Message 15 of 17
one-star85

Hi guys of the topic a little i am trying to reinstall inventor 10 after reformating my computer and installation starts and just before is finshes it says cannot find m110.cab can anyone tell me what is going on with this?
Message 16 of 17
TravisNave

Check to see if your disc has a scratch on it.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

Copy the disc to your hard drive and relaunch your
setup.

Franck Hervet

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Hi
guys of the topic a little i am trying to reinstall inventor 10 after
reformating my computer and installation starts and just before is finshes it
says cannot find m110.cab can anyone tell me what is going on with
this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report