Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 09 and Robot 09

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
bdsmith-wb
764 Views, 14 Replies

Inventor 09 and Robot 09

Im having some issues with Inv.09 and Robot 09 network license working with each other. To go Robot to work I have to do a stop/start and then Inv. 09 wont give a license and I have to do a stop/start on it and then robot wont work, ect... you get the point right? Im using LMTools v.11.4.1 Windows server 2003, and VMWare.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: bdsmith-wb

Combine your licenses files into one file, if possible.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 15
bdsmith-wb

I wish it was that easy...in fact I just got off the phone with Activation support and the tech said he didnt know if it was that easy...
Message 4 of 15
bdsmith-wb

I was however, able to combine Inv. Series and Inv. Pro 09 which is great...but he didnt think robot would work and I can verify that.
Message 5 of 15
TravisNave

You can combine different vendor license files so long as the first line of the license files are both the same. This means they are compatible .LIC files. If they begin with a different format, then you're SOL.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 15
bdsmith-wb

Well they do both start with that but I have to disagree on what you are saying. I have tried to copy and paste the information from the Robot.lic to the Inv.lic and I can verify that it has not worked. It did work with Inv series and Inv Pro though.
Message 7 of 15
TravisNave

You also need to copy the VENDOR= line from your other license file and append it right under the VENDOR=ADSKFLEX one in your Autodesk one. The vendor daemon for your other product (i.e. adskflex.exe for Autodesk) must also be added to the same 4 files as lmgrd.exe, lmutil.exe, lmtools.exe and adskflex.exe. Once all these are in place, it should work. *should*

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 15
bdsmith-wb

Not exactly sure what you mean so I did a search on the Robot license for Vendor and found 2 items.
VENDOR adskflex port=2080
and
VENDOR_STRING=commercial:permanent
Message 9 of 15
TravisNave

What does just the header part of the Robot license file look like? What is in the first lines before the INCREMENT part? Or is this license file completely different format altogether?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 15
bdsmith-wb

Is it a completely different format? Yes and No. Originally from Autodesk it's all one line. Once broken down (enter for breaks) it's the exact same format. So, I broke it down and made it look like Inv. Series and Pro .lic files but still kept it as it's own service. It worked great but of course I then couldn't run Inventor with out stopping and starting which would cause Robot to go down hence the initial problem. So, I took the now broken down robot.lic information and pasted it to my Inventor .lic file and it still does not work. Ughhh I hope this makes sense.
Message 11 of 15
TravisNave

Strange. It should work. Well, if you have them as separate services, this is fine. You just have to start both of them. Start one, then go back to the first tab, choose the 2nd service, then go start it. Should work with both services started.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 15
bdsmith-wb

I totally agree...it should work...but it doesn't. In fact, they don't even co-exist with each other. If I start Robot then Inv. goes down. If I start Inv. then Robot goes down...its an endless battle. Unless of course I install Robot ACADLM on a different server which makes no sense at all.
Message 13 of 15
TravisNave

Lovely. They're probably fighting on the same port. Gimme yo email.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 15
bdsmith-wb

brandtsmith01 at gmail com
Message 15 of 15
TravisNave

That's what happens when Autodesk generates a file with an incorrect MAC address. Glad I could get you back up and running. Definitelty come back here for support whenever you need it.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report