Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Serial Number error when trying to register AutoCAD 2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
SCEV
791 Views, 7 Replies

Invalid Serial Number error when trying to register AutoCAD 2013

I just installed AutoCAD 2013, but when trying to register I get an error saying my serial number is not valid.  I'm using the serial number highlighted yellow on the back of my CD case.  Any ideas as to why it's not working?

Scott

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: SCEV

Welcome to the forums Scott.

This is most commonly caused by a license that was upgraded per a subscription contract that has since expired. As such, can you please either contact our License Assistance Team for verification, or send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number?

Message 3 of 8
SCEV
in reply to: philip.s

Private message sent...

Message 4 of 8
philip.s

Thanks!

So in this case, it appears as though the license was actually returned to Ingram Micro and hence would no longer be valid. M. Heminger is listed as the contact on the license and would probably be able to provide you with additional details if needed.

Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do for you!

Message 5 of 8
SCEV

I contacted Ingram Micro, they don't have anyone there by the name of M. Heminger.  I gave them the serial # and they said it looked like it was purchased directly through AutoDesk, not through Ingram Micro.

Message 6 of 8
philip.s

My apologies for the confusion. M. Heminger is a US Navy employee who had initially registered the license, and Ingram Micro is tied to the account however CDW was the actual reseller for the transaction.

Upon further investigation, the cause of return was due to incorrect shipping information on the PO, initiated by the purchaser as they hadn't received their licenses. 

Should you have reason to believe that the return is inaccurate, can you please send me a Private Message with supporting documentation?

Message 7 of 8
rojen00

I too am having trouble activating my AutoCAD LT 2012.  I recently got a new computer and as I installed it I couldn't activate it.  The code i keep get is an invalid serial number.

Message 8 of 8
camilo.lemos
in reply to: rojen00

Hi Rojen00, welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, send me your serial number and request code via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report