Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid access to memory location

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
10046 Views, 4 Replies

Invalid access to memory location

I installed 3ds Max recently I am having an issue when starting the program.  It immediatly gives me a error window saying "DLL <C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 9\stdplugs\DxPlugins\DxDDS.bmi> failed to inialize.  Error Code: 998 - Invalid access to memory location"

For the most part the program seems to be working fine, exept for some selection issues time and again.  And the camera likes to jerk way off to a point where I have to use "shift-z" to reset the view, because I can no longer see or find the subject.

Should I just move all of my work-in-progress to another folder, uninstall\re-install and then move everything back?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Try to change the driver that you use in MAX (D3D or OpenGL).

Customize > Preferences > viewports > Choose driver.

You can also try this :

on the shorcut to launch Max, specify compatibility Win XP SP2 and deactivate theme and add execute as admin.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I also have the same problem

1.png

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Make sure your video card meets recommendations and it has a certified video driver.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&produ...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

It looks like Autodesk does not support 3ds prior to 2012.   Is this true ???   I am having compatibility issues with Windows 7   (see attached screen shot)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report