Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error 2738 installing LT 2013 - nothing fixes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mjarvis
509 Views, 3 Replies

Internal Error 2738 installing LT 2013 - nothing fixes

Hello,

I am running into an Internal Error 2738 when I try to install LT 2013.  I have read through the other posts regarding this error and have tried all of the suggestions to correct this including running the Microsoft Fix It installer and I am still getting this error everytime I try to install.  I have turned this over to out IT department and they cannot get it to install correctly either.  I have let the install complete and once opened it freezes on the verifying license screen.  I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to correct this issue so I can get this insalled on my PC?  It is getting pretty frustrating.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mjarvis
in reply to: mjarvis

Hello,

I wanted to update the post I made yesterday regarding this 2738 error.  I did more searching yesterday for this error and came across a suggestion to run System File Checker (SFC) on my PC.  I ran SFC but it came back with nothing needing to be updated or fixed and all the files were intact.

Everything I have ran has come back fine and all the suggestions to assign VBScript to my user have been performed and I still cannot get LT 2013 to install correctly.

Has anyone had this much issue getting this error corrected?

Thanks for the assistance-

Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: mjarvis

Autodesk has a KB on it here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15102758&linkID=9240617

For additional information, please consider using Search to assist in your resolution:

Search Autodesk.com

Search Autodesk Discussion Groups

Search Up and Ready Blog

Search Autodesk WikiHelp

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
mjarvis
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

Thank you sending this over to me.  I found this previously and performed these actions - the problem is still there.  I have also ran the Microsoft Fix It provided in the post "Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action" dated 10/5/12 and this did not fix the issue either.

Still trying to find a solution.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report