Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interchangeable license?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JasonMcClellan4654
507 Views, 3 Replies

interchangeable license?

we have a number of network (floating) licenses for Autocad Inventor and Inventor Professional. Is it possible to get one of the Inventor or Inventor Pro float licenses made into a float that will issue a license for either Inventor OR Autocad Architecture?  if not on one of our existing floats, on a newly purchased one even?

we have occasional use for Acad Arch but not enough to justify purchasing a seperate license, but if it could consume one of our Inventor floats even for some additional fee it would be great.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Architecture licenses do not cascade to Inventor licenses.  So there is no way to do what you are asking.  You'd only be able to crossgrade one of your available Inventor network licenses into an Architecture license for this means. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4

ya I already figured the cascade thing didn't fly.  was just hoping there was some option for a license bundle or something - most software companies are happy to take your money for things that cost them nothing 🙂

even if I had to buy a new license seat to get it.

Message 4 of 4

I hear ya. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do (at this time at least) that will allow you to buy one license that will work Architecture and Inventor.  Now... had it been Mechanical and Inventor, that would be a different story.  Some products are made to cascade that way and others aren't.  Maybe some day...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report