Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficent Privileges error in Win7

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1193 Views, 3 Replies

Insufficent Privileges error in Win7

I am attempting to install AutoCAD 2011LT on my Windows 7 Professional computer. After performing the configuration I get an Error 1303. user has insufficient privileges to access C:\User\Dennis\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCADD LT 2001\R8. i am logged in with administative privileges (my user is an administrator). I have also tried running the install using "Run As Administrator". I get the same results either way.I got the same error earlier whan I tried to install TrueView 2011. What is going on??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure you disable UAC as well as your anti-virus.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

UAC was already turned off. I disabled virus checking although I seriously doubt it has anything to do with this problem. It apparently did not because I get the same error. However, this time instead of having he last folder in the string names "R8" the last folder was "R16".  Incidentally, if I open the AutoCAD LT 2011 folder that is the parent to the offending location, I can do anything I want to. I can add folders and files and delete them at will. So Windows allows me to do anything I want in that location. It is just that the installer for some reason does not think it has access.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Spoiler
Hi all, I just wanted to let the community know that I found the problem. Im my case, Ihad a previous version of AutoCAD and a current version of Revit MEP installed. After I did a full unistall of both products I was able to install AutoCAD LT 2011 successfully. By a full uniinstall, I mean do the Windows uninstall, then go through the hard drive and manually delete ALL files and folders related to AutoCAD. This includes the entries in C:Users, C:\Program Files, and C:\Program Data as well as everything else you can find. You may also want check the registry both HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk and delete all Autodesk entries. Finally, it may be helpful to start the machine clean by using msconfig to set the startup mode to Diagnostic startup and allow only the Windows installer service to start; disable all other items at startup. By completing all these steps my installation was successful. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report