Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
TownofBlacksburg
850 Views, 5 Replies

Instatllation Issues

tobts: license server UP (MASTER) v11.7

Vendor daemon status (on tobts):

adskflex: The desired vendor daemon is down.  Check the lmgrd log file, or try lmreread. Vendor:Host:   tobts License path:  27000@tobts; FLEXnet Licensing error:-97,121\

I've gone into LMtools and double checked the ethernet mac address.  It is correct.  I also changed the port setting in the license file from 2080 to 27010, but I still get the same error. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

The port settings for adskflex must be set to 2080 so set it back.  The master daemon will automatically use 27000-27009 depending on what is available.  Do not attempt to modify your LIC file at all or you risk invalidating it. 

What you might have is another connection problem.  What do you get when you PING the server?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6

The NLM and the distribution server are the same server.  They are installed on a virtual terminal server I don't have any network communication issues.  The initial test distribution for the install was done under a login profile on this same server.  I changed the port back, stopped the service, restarted, and did a reread, but I still have the same error.

Message 4 of 6

In that case, you need to verify IPv6 with PING.  If it is Server 2008, that is likely the issue.  Just point to the 127.0.0.1 localhost with a modification to your hosts file.  Then add all four .exe files for the NLM to the firewall exception list.  This should resolve it.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6

This worked, but I have another isssue.

When I attempt to deploy from the share file on my 2008 server the install pops up with the following error;

The copy functions cannot be used.

\\ ServerName\Civil 3D\AdminImage\*.exe

to

C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI2BE1.tmp

I'm running this on a Windows 7 machine I have full admin rights.  The FireWall is off and I have full admin rights and read\wright rights to the share on the server.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 6

Make sure any anti-virus or other network protection is off.  Try installing as the local administrator account, if you must. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report