Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing trial not possible

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
374 Views, 7 Replies

Installing trial not possible

Hi, i want to try out Maya 2015 on my new PC and buy it if it works, but i also get the "communication failure" and network failure message (while initializing). I tried all tips and guides provided in this forum, student version, execute download file seperately, but nothing helps. I disabled antivirus and firewall, nothing helps.

I work on win 8.1.

What am i doing wrong/how can i download it?

Thanks for help in advance.

Regards,

Erik

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Arithar and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

If the error still persists, it means that you still have a firewall or anti-virus or Windows Defender still active. Please, make sure your firewall is fully disabled as well as your anti-virus and Defender and download the program from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

This video will show how to completely disable Windows Firewall (remember to re-enable it once the program has been fully installed).

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Sorry it doesnt work. I exactly followed the video on how to disable the firewall (on every tab like it is shown). Firewall and Antivirus is completely shut down, still i get the Communication Failure message.

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

did you download from here?

You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links (including the Design & Creation Suites) through Matt, Autodesks Virtual Assistant.
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/account-management/software-downloads/download-methods/virtual-...
Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you, it seems the installing process finished properly. But when i try to start maya 2015, an empty window pops up, no text, only in the header: "Your Autodesk Trial". There is a single button in the bottom of the window: "exit trial", which closes the window. But nothing in between, just empty white space.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Message 7 of 8
asburyj

Looks like there's a problem with your Browser maybe? If it's not working it could be a problem with an antivirus or antimalware software or even a corruption of internet explorer.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: asburyj

Thank you, it works now. Never used IE. After resetting IE it worked. Best Erik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report