Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing stand alone on second computer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cmango1
595 Views, 5 Replies

installing stand alone on second computer

I have a stand alone version of AutoCAD LT 2007.   It is installed on my laptop computer, which, up until now, has been my only computer.  The laptop is on its last legs, and I am planning on getting a new desktop PC, which will be my main computer for work.   But I will still keep using the laptop, when traveling away from my usual work location, and for as long as the laptop continues to function.  Hopefully, with less demand being put upon it, it wil function better.

According to my license agreement, I am allowed to install a copy of my licensed software...

"...on the hard disk of a second Computer owned by (me) or under (my) control provided that:

(i) the original and second copies are used only by the same person;

(ii) the second copy is Installed and Accessed only on either (a) with respect to Network Versions, a redundant server that makes the Software available for use only when Your primary server on which the active Software copy is Installed becomes inoperable, or (b) a notebook computer or other non-server computer away from Your usual work location for the purpose of enabling You to perform work while away from Your usual work location;

(iii) only one of the Software copies is Accessed at any one time; and

(iv) both copies of the Software are Installed and Accessed exclusively with the copy protection device (if any) supplied with the Software."

Since the original installation was on a laptop, do I have to transfer the license to the new desktop machine, in order to install a second copy on the laptop?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: cmango1

You can try if you want.  But since you are putting the old machine to rest, simply uninstall it and activate the new install.  Keep in mind that 2007 is not compatible with Windows Vista, 7, or 8.  And if you ever upgraded the license either manually or under Subscription, then the lease on that version is expired.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
cmango1
in reply to: TravisNave

Well, thanks, anyway, but  "you can try if you want" isn't really an answer.  And as I said, I want to have the old laptop available for work away from home as long as it stays alive - I don't intend to put it to rest.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Sorry, I misinterpretted your original request.  If you plan on using both, you do not need to transfer anything.  Simply activate your new PC as your 2nd activation and you will be within the bounds of the EULA.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
cmango1
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks, I appreciate that. Now, I do have another possible complication.
I don't want to be whistling up a storm, but at some point about a year
ago, the hard drive on my old laptop died. I had a new hard drive
installed. I had to reinstall all my software. I did not go through any license
transfer. Would installing the software on a new hard drive count as my
second installation - thereby preventing me from installing on one more
computer?
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Possibly.  If so, you can get get a manual activation.

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 1 > (Stand-alone)

You will need to provide your serial number and the request code.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report