Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing / Running 3DS max 2011 32/64 Bit.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Rukey
3013 Views, 1 Reply

Installing / Running 3DS max 2011 32/64 Bit.

I have a 64-bit (Windows 7 Home Premium) operating system and have tried to install both 3DS Max 2011 64-bit / 32-bit onto my PC but to no avail. I tried installing the 64-bit version first off but have the error "Failed to start by side by side configuration was incorrect". I looked at some support online and on the audodesk suggest help pages and tried installing an earlier version of the C++ 2005/8 redistribtables but nothing changed. I also tried reinstalling the Microsoft .NET 4 Framework. I couldn't find any other information so I proceeded to try the 32-bit version. Installed easily yet I get another error message saying "The program can't start because d3dx9_39.dll is missing". I searched online to find that it maybe an issue with DX11 and not having some of the older .dll files but am unsure what to do now. So... I can't run either version of 3DS max 2011 on my PC, any help?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: Rukey

I would uninstall and reinstall the software.  I would make sure that UAC is turned off.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/05/windows-user-access-control.html

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report