Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Active Contributor
pnacht
Message 1 of 2 (342 Views)

Installing Revit (Student version) in another drive.

342 Views, 1 Replies
09-22-2012 06:36 AM

Is there a way to install Revit Student in a drive that is not C?

My C: drive is quite small, so I tend to install most of my programs on my E: drive (I have my reasons). The Revit installer allows you to change the install directory but seems to ignore it. If I click Install it gives an error stating that my C: drive is full even after I've changed it to install on E.

Is there any solution to this or will I have to go through my C drive trying to find things to clear out?

Thank you.9-22-2012 10-31-44 AM.jpg

Employee
DannyHubbard
Message 2 of 2 (306 Views)

Re: Installing Revit (Student version) in another drive.

09-24-2012 08:29 AM in reply to: pnacht

By default all the Templates and Libraries for Revit are still trying to install to C:\ProgramData.

On the product selection dialog of the install, just under the Revit 2013 name pick the arrow to configure the install.

Scroll down to the Configurable Folders section

Change the Libraries and Templates from Default to Local

Specify a path on the B driver where you want these files and choose the Append button

When done choose the arrow again to complete the configuration

Should use much less space on the C drive now although some space will still be required.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.