I have autocad 2014, and trying to install revit to complete drafting homework at home. It failed so I kept trying, eventually the main program installed, but not the English Library pack, and so when I run Revit, it loads and never opens. I have tried re-running the install but it always fails. i click retry multiple times and eventually it just flat out stops. I have un-installed and re-installed multiple times.
Welcome to the community,
Please ensure the following has been done:
1. Computer meets the minimum requirements
2. UAC off
3. Firewall off
4. Anti-Virus off
5. Administrator rights
6. Clear the temp folder
7. Make sure you have enough disc space 60 Gigs at least
8. Make sure the OS is up to date
9. Reinstall C++ redistributable
10. Reinstall .Net Framework
11. Copy the content of the installation media to the C drive. Preferably on the root of the C drive to negate the problem of filenames becoming too long
12. Make sure short file name creation has been enabled HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem Set NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to a value of 0
13. Create a new Windows user with full admin rights
14. If the computer is on a domain remove it from the network completely for the duration of installation
I downloaded the http installer, 2.7 gb, and after start installing, the laucher started downloading some content.
What is the size of the download?
Seems like Its Downloading something, and threfore Its stucked. My internet speed its too slow. Already downloaded 2.68gb and still downloading - while stucked at "preparing revit content" screen.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.