Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 using Browser Download method?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JimStrenk
696 Views, 3 Replies

Installing Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 using Browser Download method?

It appears that I've downloaded all 4 files for Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014, through the Subscription Portal using the Browser Download methodology.

Do I somehow combine all 4 files or just simply click on file 1 to begin the installation process?

Though I know it's not supported, has anyone had success in attempting to install PDSU 2014 on a Vista-64 machine?

Assuming I've prepared my machine correctly for 2014 installation, what actions should I expect the computer to make during the installation process?  I've installed PDSU for the last few years and Inventor Professional before that.  Should I expect a much different user experience while installing PDSU 2014?

Any tips, suggestions or comments would be most welcomed. Smiley Happy

Jim Strenk

Inventor 2012 Certified Associate
AutoCAD 2012 Certified Associate

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016, 2017

Other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
emily.xu
in reply to: JimStrenk

Hi Jim,

If you download the product from Sub center by Browser Download method, the files are compressed and you need to extract it first and then begain the installation.You can just click part 1, it will decompress all the files into one folder, so don't worry about it , no need to combine these files manually. 

Here are the methods for sub-center download for your reference. 

For the installing PrDS 2014 on Vista, yes, it's not supported, as our developer do no test on such platform, so there maybe some unknown issue you will encounter.

Also, you can refer to this solution to prepare your system.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 4
mikeb
in reply to: emily.xu

I want to install all of my Design Suite Premium on my D Drive instead of my C Drive. My C drive is a relatively small solid state drive reserved for Windows. I browse to the d:\Program Files\Autodesk file for teh install but when I click the Install button I get a dialog box telling me that I dont have enought space on C. Install is 9.11gb and my d Drive has 545gB available. Is there some way to force the installer to install all the various application files to D:\Program Files\Autodesk?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
emily.xu
in reply to: mikeb

This solution might help you.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report