Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing new seats Civil 3d - standalone Network deployment

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
518 Views, 2 Replies

Installing new seats Civil 3d - standalone Network deployment

I'm preparing to install 2 new licenses on our network deployment, and cannot seem to get my help with this over the phone, so I'm wondering if any of you have insight into doing this. My system is a single license server model, but I don't see much in the installation guide (AutoCad Civil 3d 2011) for adding licenses to the manager. We currently have only one license on the server.

Thanks in advance.....

Dan Linscheid, P.L.S.

Yamhill County Surveyor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You are going to need to get a new license file for your new 2 seats.  Then you are also going to have to get a new license file regenerated for your existing one seat.  You can call Autodesk at 1-800-551-1490 to assist you with this.  Give them all your serial numbers and tell them you want a combined license file.  That will give you your full 3 seats.  In the future you should have your reseller combine your two new seats into your exising seat so that you will have a 3 seat license instead.  If your 2 new seats are under Subscripton and your old one seat isn't though, you'll likely have a problem combining your seats properly.  The process sounds complicated, but it is actually simple.  Just a lot of 'what ifs.'

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks so much, especially for the phone number.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report