Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Mudbox makes really slow start up of both itself and 3DS Max 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
540 Views, 2 Replies

Installing Mudbox makes really slow start up of both itself and 3DS Max 2014

Hey!

At first, my PC RIG is:

Windows 8.1 x64 

AMD Radeon HD 7850 1GB

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3,2 GHz

12 GB DDR3 RAM

Samsung EVO SSD

Avast Free Anti-vir

All drivers up to date, all other programs and games work perfectly fine without any problems.

I've been using 3DS Max (installed on SSD, student licence) for quite a while now and everything worked perfectly fine, start up was taking ~15 seconds without problems.

The time has come to start learning Mudbox and quite a big problem arrived.

As soon as I've installed it, both Mudbox and 3DS Max 2014 70% of time start up really slowly and freeze whole PC during it. It doesnt matter if the other program is running or not - just having Mudbox installed makes launching 3DS Max freeze without anything other launched.

3DS Max stucks on "initializing", Mudbox most often on "Welcome" window after launching. I can move my mouse, but nothing really responds. After 3DSM/Mudbox finally fully loads, everything is back to normal - PC unfreezes and program is working. It's really annyoing and makes working (especially switcing between programs) really, really hard if not impossible.

Sometimes programs start up normally, but it's rare.

Tried both Mudbox 2014 and 2015 and installing it on both SSD and HDD. Nothing changes.

Currently I've uninstalled Mudbox again and everything is back to normal - 3DS Max works perfectly fine.

Obviously, before posting I've looked the problem up on Google and forums here, found similar:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-Max-3ds-Max-Design-General/3Ds-Max-2011-2014-freezes-on-start-up-t...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/3Ds-Max-2011-2014-freezes-on-start-up-the-whole...

Tried solutions hinted above (deleting "Mudbox" folder from MyDocuments, clearing TEMP folder etc.), but nothing helped.

I'm using administrator account and UAC disabled. Whole Autodesk folder in Anti-vir exception and tried launching with Anti-vir off - still no change.

The only solution so far to keep 3DS Max working fine is uninstalling Mudbox, but it's not a fix at all.

And I don't think it's hardware or other software/ driver problem, since as I've said - everything else than Autodesk programs works without any flaw.

P. S.

Since in those "similar" posts I've mentioned above someone said that this problem may be connected with Licence Check on start up with the Process FNPLicensingService64.exe I think I'll add one more thing that may be connected.

After installing Mudbox for the first time without any reason it deactivated my 3DS Max license and I had to re-activate it.

Hopefully someone can help me, cause so far nothing seems to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

BUMP

Really need help and no idea what to do :C

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Bump 2 - still no solution and I'm in some deep despair.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report