We are trying to deploy Maya 2014 via GPO. We have created a deployment (with the Deployment tool which is included with a Maya installation), when we double click the shortcut Maya 2014 gets deployed.
We have configured the GPO to deploy Maya 2014, we did EVERYTHING the online manual said to configure the GPO ( http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/lear
The problem is, nothing happends. Maya 2014 is not getting installed on any computer, even tough the GPO is exactly configured like the online manual said.
Can ayone tell me how to get this working?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Solved! by SySAdminMonk. See the answer in context.
Is a log file being created on the client? The logs will be generated in the TEMP directory which can be accessed by typing '%temp%' in the START > RUN. Please locate the logs which will have a naming convention of "Product Name Setup.log" and "Product Name Install.log". The most common reason I see for a GPO to fail is because a pre requisite component is missing. When you run the deployment it will check for and install missing pre requisites like .net framework and Visual C++ but the GPO is just running the Maya inso MSI by itself so it doesn't check for those and can fail if they are missing.
Thanks for your quick responce. I checked the temp folder on on the computers, but there aint any log regarding Maya.
Seems like the install isn't starting. Is there any server logging for group policy that tells you anything? Are you sure the clients are actually attempting the install?
With a GPO or SCCM install the install log files will actually be found in the Windows temp folder, somethign like C:\Windows\Temp.
Also make sure the client machine have any of the pre requisites already installed, like Microsoft .Net Framework, DirectX, Visual Studio runtimes or what ever else Maya requires.
You may also want to look a the Application seciton of the Event Viewer, Windows Logs on the client and the server for any errors are warnings when the software tries to install.
Tryed the next solution, but DID'NT work:
1) Download and install ORCA (it's free).
2) Open repackaged MSI in ORCA.
3) Right click tables section and add the Upgrade table (no data needs to be added though).
4) Save MSI file in ORCA.
5) Re-add files to software deployment in group policy.
6) Check the event log, but files should be deployed without errors.
After monitoring the event viewer on our domain server i found this:
(11-03-2014 11:24:42) Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: \\Servername\Maya 2014\Img\x64\Maya\Maya2014.msi. Client Process Id: 9844.
(11-03-2014 11:24:44) Ending a Windows Installer transaction: \\Serverhaje\Maya 2014\Img\x64\Maya\Maya2014.msi. Client Process Id: 9844.
There is no error in the even viewer. so i don't know what the installers ends after 2 seconds of starting.
On the client pc event logs, nothing happends.
On the client machine you may try enabling verbose logging, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300
Then at a command prompt use the command "gpupdate /force" to make the client sync with the server and start your software package install.
Then check the client C:\Windows\Temp folder and Event Viewer. If still nothing is showing up then the problem is with the the package setup on the server or the server communication with the client.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.