Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Inventor Pro 2015: Asks for DVD for downloaded installation files?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3781 Views, 3 Replies

Installing Inventor Pro 2015: Asks for DVD for downloaded installation files?

Ahoi. I have: Bootcamp-Partition with fresh Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit, all drivers and software up to date. Checked the system requirements (works) and downloaded the selfextracting archives: Autodesk_Inventor_2015_German_Win_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe Autodesk_Inventor_2015_German_Win_64bit_dlm_002_002.sfx.exe Extracted them to a SD-card (creates this folder): Autodesk_Inventor_2015_German_Win_64bit_dlm Opened the Setup.exe inside this folder. Installer opens up, I choose installing on this computer and accept the terms. I choose single license and enter serial and key (works). I changed nothing; do a standard-installation. Then I hit the install-button. Everything ok until now: Installation starts and in the same moment, this window pops up: Legen sie den Datenträger ein: Autodesk Inventor 2015 (64-Bit) DVD (engl. somewhat like: Insert Disc: Autodesk Inventor 2015 (64-Bit) DVD). When canceling this, I have to abort the whole installation. ****. I don´t come around this DVD-window. Any advise?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Extract the files to your C:\ drive and install from there. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes, had that in mind too, but I don't have sufficient disk space for both, the installation files and the software. That means, I have to find a way to increase my BootCamp partition... I will see, what I can do. You have exprience with this problem? Is your reply an advise or the solution? Thanks a lot anyway!
Message 4 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

This can happen when trying to run the installer of of external flash memory like a USB stick/SD card. Unfortunately you will need to copy the installer locally. Another alternative is if you have a full portable hard drive (not a USB thumb drive) it will usually not have any problem installing from those. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report