Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Inventor 2013 with multiseat stand alone license using Hyper V

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
drcarroll28
330 Views, 2 Replies

Installing Inventor 2013 with multiseat stand alone license using Hyper V

I am an American professor at the University of Kurdistan Hewler in Erbil, Iraq wanting to install Autodesk Inventor 2013 on a school computer lab where the computers running Windows 8.1 and virtualized using Hyper V.  I have an Academic Resource Center account for my university and have obtained a multiseat stand alone license.

During installation on each virtual machine, I enter the Product Key and Serial number, and the software installs.  However, when I open Inventor after installing, it still ask me to either "Try for 30 days" or "Activate."  After selecting activate, it directs me to a screen to log-in to my autodesk account, I do this (I am the one managing the ARC account), but it does not recognize any ARC account and ask me to enter credentials for either a company or individual.  I don't believe this is the proper licensing procedure. Any help on installing and licensing on a hyper V system?

I've seen previous post that say Hyper V is not supported by Autodesk, is this correct? Are you aware of any possible solution?

Thanks

Joseph

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: drcarroll28

That is correct.  Licensing is not supported in a virtual environment like this.  You will need to use a Citrix solution to be in compliance.  Granted, I don't know how you would license out of territory anyway, unless your seats are good for the Middle East. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
drcarroll28
in reply to: TravisNave

Ok. The license I have is through the Academic Resource Center (ARC)
account in which Iraq is included in the countries that qualify for the
license.

Thank you for your insight

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report