Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing both Inventor 2014 and Inventor Professional 2014 at same machine

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rodrigo.madruga
703 Views, 6 Replies

Installing both Inventor 2014 and Inventor Professional 2014 at same machine

Hello there,

Is it possible to install Inventor 2014 and Inventor Professional 2014 (from two different suites) in the same computer?

When I try to install Professional via Product Design Suite Ultimate installer it says that Inventor Professional is already installed, even though the already installed version is the regular one.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: rodrigo.madruga

I would install Inventor Professional on all the computers.  This will include the Simulation components.  If you don't load it, it will not use it.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/autodesk-suites-inventor-family-what-is-dynamic-l...

David Lau
Message 3 of 7
rodrigo.madruga
in reply to: david.lau

Hello David,

I forgot to mention that both licenses are stand-alone and not network licenses.

I imagine that Dynamic Licensing would not be possible with stand-alone licenses, right?

In the future, I will need to export the Product Design Suite Ultimate license to another computer. After that, I will need to keep using Inventor with the Building license already activated at the same machine.

Is there a way to make this work without uninstalling Professional and installing Inventor again?

Thanks

Rodrigo Madruga.

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: rodrigo.madruga

nope

you can't install inventor 2014 and inventor pro 2014 on the same machines

it will require a uninstall/reinstall

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: DarrenP

Correct DarrenP, Correct!  Uninstall/Reinstall.

David Lau
Message 6 of 7
joshua.doyle
in reply to: david.lau

Our company has just obtained 4 Professional suite licences and 11 standard suite licences on a network system

If all Inventor Professional design suite licences are in use will or can Inventor Professional be set to take a Standard suite licence?

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: joshua.doyle

@joshua.doyle wrote:

Our company has just obtained 4 Professional suite licences and 11 standard suite licences on a network system

If all Inventor Professional design suite licences are in use will or can Inventor Professional be set to take a Standard suite licence?

Inventor Professional takes an available Standard Suite license first anyway.  It only takes a pro license if there are no Suite licenses available or if the user uses a Pro module in Inventor.  However, the pro license is not released afterwards . Only a close will release it.  Hope that makes sense.

You can use an adskflex.opt options file to have more control of your licensing.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report