Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing AutoCAD Map 2008 on a Windows 7, 32 bit machine

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NicoleBorsh
3039 Views, 3 Replies

Installing AutoCAD Map 2008 on a Windows 7, 32 bit machine

Can AutoCAD Map 2008 be installed on a Windows 7, 32 bit machine?  I have 2 users still on 2008.  They are not heavy users so no plans to upgrade, but now one user had his machine rebuilt and Windows 7 was put on.  I have found that 2008 can be installed on Vista 32 bit, but looking for information on installing it on Windows 7 32 bit.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: NicoleBorsh

it may install on windows 7 but it is not supported on windows 7

so you may run into issues since 2008 came out before windows 7 came out

here is a list of autodesk products supported on windows 7: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=14185352

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
NicoleBorsh
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you.  We will give it a try then. 

Message 4 of 4
Jroper
in reply to: NicoleBorsh

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on this and log a fix in case I need to search for it again.

When I tried installing Map 2008 on a Win7 32-bit box, I ran into an error code:

When I tried running it from a deployment shortcut, it would roll back the installation toward the end.  So I ran the install from the Setup.exe directly so it would not do a silent install.  Now I could see what was going on.  Got Error message:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,type="win32",processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",version="8.0.50727.42"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

Doing some digging, I found that the problem seemed to be with the version of Visual C++.  I ran Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 and that seemed to fix the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report