Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing AutoCAD and User issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cadguy1685
414 Views, 1 Reply

Installing AutoCAD and User issue

My company ordered 10 copies of AutoCAD 2011 along w/ 10 new computers.  As of right now AutoCAD's performance is incredibly bad.  When they were installing AutoCAD they had an issue with storing User folders on the Server.  My company has everyones User folder linked to our server.  During install this caused many problems and somehow they worked around it.  Well we have it installed and it's just horrible.  Everything is laggy and unstable. Our system Specs are as follows

DELL Precision T3500 - about $2000

Xeon W3550 @ 3.07 GHz

6GB DDR3 ECC RAM

Quadro FX3800 1GB <---AutoDesk Certified about $1000

Windows 7 Pro x64

AutoCAD 2011 Stand alone version.

My computer at home runs AutoCAD much better w/ the follwing specs

Custom Built - 3 years old about $900

Intel 2.6 GHz

4GB DDR2 Ram

GEFORCE 8800 512MB Ram <--- NOT AutoDesk Certified. about $150

Windows 7 Pro x64

AutoCAD 2011 Stand alone version

This doesn't make any sense.  Do you think that having our profiles on the server could cause such problems?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: cadguy1685

Most likely.  Roaming profiles are not supported, and your setup kind of mimics this because part of your profile lives on the server.  Because Autodesk products attach to different locations of your user profile, you are putting additional and unnecessary activity on your network and causing your Autodesk product to run slower than if it was all using local files.  Although your setup works, it is really not a suggested environment. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report