Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing autoCAD 2013 for mac

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
omer.n.gabay
741 Views, 3 Replies

installing autoCAD 2013 for mac

Hi everyone!

I am trying to install Autocad 2013 for Mac but the installation tells me that i already have an autocad version installed and that i must uninstall it first. I have never installed autocad before so this is very frustrating. what should i do? are there any programs that might be interfering with the installation? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: omer.n.gabay

Welcome to the community Omer!

Can you specify what version of Mac OS X you're running? This typically occurs when the OS version isn't supported to run the software release.

AutoCAD for Mac System Requirements

The installer for AutoCAD for MAC can also give this message if it detects a windows install of AutoCAD on a Parallels or Bootcamp partition. Could that be the case?

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 4
omer.n.gabay
in reply to: philip.s

Hello and thanks for the speedy reply!
Im running OSX 10.5.8 (Leopard).
Also - I used to have Windows installed on my hard drive but got rid of it
and i cant seem to find any trace of it so i think i uninstalled it
completely.
Omer
Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: omer.n.gabay

You're welcome Omer and thanks for clarifying!

As mentioned earlier, this typically occurs when the OS version isn't supported to run the software release. In your case, AutoCAD 2013 is not supported to run on 10.5.8 (Leopard) as the requirements list Mac OS X 10.8.0 or later (Mountain Lion), OS X 10.7.2 or later (Lion), or OS X 10.6.8 or later (Snow Leopard).

With that being said, I noticed that this pertains to a free student license and as such can you try downloading / installing AutoCAD for Mac 2012 and let us know if it resolves the issue (accept as a solution)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report