Installation & Licensing

omer.n.gabay
Message 1 of 4 (401 Views)
Accepted Solution

installing autoCAD 2013 for mac

401 Views, 3 Replies
05-08-2013 12:10 PM

Hi everyone!

I am trying to install Autocad 2013 for Mac but the installation tells me that i already have an autocad version installed and that i must uninstall it first. I have never installed autocad before so this is very frustrating. what should i do? are there any programs that might be interfering with the installation? 

Thanks!

You're welcome Omer and thanks for clarifying!

As mentioned earlier, this typically occurs when the OS version isn't supported to run the software release. In your case, AutoCAD 2013 is not supported to run on 10.5.8 (Leopard) as the requirements list Mac OS X 10.8.0 or later (Mountain Lion), OS X 10.7.2 or later (Lion), or OS X 10.6.8 or later (Snow Leopard).

With that being said, I noticed that this pertains to a free student license and as such can you try downloading / installing AutoCAD for Mac 2012 and let us know if it resolves the issue (accept as a solution)?

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 4 (392 Views)

Re: installing autoCAD 2013 for mac

05-08-2013 06:14 PM in reply to: omer.n.gabay

Welcome to the community Omer!

Can you specify what version of Mac OS X you're running? This typically occurs when the OS version isn't supported to run the software release.

AutoCAD for Mac System Requirements

The installer for AutoCAD for MAC can also give this message if it detects a windows install of AutoCAD on a Parallels or Bootcamp partition. Could that be the case?

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Philip Schmelzer
omer.n.gabay
Message 3 of 4 (385 Views)

05-08-2013 09:07 PM in reply to: philip.s
Hello and thanks for the speedy reply!
Im running OSX 10.5.8 (Leopard).
Also - I used to have Windows installed on my hard drive but got rid of it
and i cant seem to find any trace of it so i think i uninstalled it
completely.
Omer
Community Manager
philip.s
Message 4 of 4 (372 Views)

05-09-2013 01:45 PM in reply to: omer.n.gabay

You're welcome Omer and thanks for clarifying!

As mentioned earlier, this typically occurs when the OS version isn't supported to run the software release. In your case, AutoCAD 2013 is not supported to run on 10.5.8 (Leopard) as the requirements list Mac OS X 10.8.0 or later (Mountain Lion), OS X 10.7.2 or later (Lion), or OS X 10.6.8 or later (Snow Leopard).

With that being said, I noticed that this pertains to a free student license and as such can you try downloading / installing AutoCAD for Mac 2012 and let us know if it resolves the issue (accept as a solution)?

Philip Schmelzer
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!