Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing 32 bit Revit Architecture 2012 on 64 bit operating system

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
w0262563
3914 Views, 6 Replies

Installing 32 bit Revit Architecture 2012 on 64 bit operating system

Hi everyone,

I am having problems with my software version of Revit Architecture 2012 even though I have the system requirements necessary to run the 32 bit version of the software.

I know this cause I have checked my system properties and compared it to the system requirements, and I even downloaded a 32 bit trial version of the software previously and it was working fine.

I do have a 64 bit operating system but unfortunately my system properties aren't fit to run a 64 bit version of the software but are fit to run a 32 bit version instead. However it doesn't give me the option to setup the 32 bit version and automatically sets up the 64 bit version when realizing that I have a 64 bit operating system. After installation the program crashes every time I have a file open and try to modify or draw any object in the window.

Please inform with how I could tackle this problem and manually setup a 32 bit version of the software instead of the 64 bit version.

Below are the system requirements compared to my system properties

System Requirements for 32 bit version of software:
Microsoft® Windows® 7 32-bit Home Premium edition
For Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ dual core processor, 3.0 GHz (or higher) with SSE2 technology
For Microsoft Windows XP: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual core, 1.6 GHz (or higher) with SSE2 technology
4 GB RAM
5 GB free disk space
1,280 x 1,024 monitor with true color
Display adapter capable of 24-bit color for basic graphics, 256 MB DirectX® 10-capable graphics card with Shader Model 3 for integrated advanced graphics (find out more about recommended graphics hardware)
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 (or later)

My system properties:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel Core 2 Duo T6500, 2.10 GHz

4 GB RAM

30 GB free disk space

1366 × 768 resolution

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset (256 MB up to 384 MB)

Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics

Internet Explorer 9.0

Thanks,

Regards,

Adham

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: w0262563

you can't

try turning off hardware acceleration in revit 

that graphics card is probably whats killing you

get a dedicated graphics card either from amd/ati or nvidia

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
w0262563
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks Darren.

but how do I downgrade to 32 bit?

And is there any other way in which I can try to halt the automated installation process and manually command it to setup the 32 bit version instead?

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

no you can't

you can try hacking the installer but i wouldn't recommend doing this because that may cause more issues

downgrade to 32 bit windows if you want to install the 32 bit version

i wouldn't recommend this

easiest is to invest into upgrading your machine

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
w0262563
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the recommendation.

Problem is it's a laptop and it can't be upgraded to the requirements of the 64 bit version of Revit.

Another problem is that I've already installed it on this laptop and the license only allows me to set it up on one computer

😞

Thanks for your concern

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP

then there is not much you can do then

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
lunder03

How about implementing an online conversion tool for downgrading files??? Or, how about making an update for us Revit users that will implement a downgrading feature into Revit itself? You know how much Revit costs, you must know how expensive it is to get a mere 1Gig. Dedicated graphics card, while also  possibly knowing some computers do not allow for dedicated graphics card upgrades?! Leading to, you must know new computers whether laptops or towers are quite pricey if you want to run the latest Revit software?! $4,500 for a single user license for Revit 2011, now you're charging over $5,500 for the 2013 version and it requires a substantial upgrade to any average computer system. What are you, in bed with these computer companies?!? I know for a fact this isn't the first time people have asked or complained about file user issues. GET WITH THE PROGRAM AUTODESK!!! This is bs..The more I use your software and run into all these fandangled issues, the more I never want to purchase your software ever again.

I now have to start a project I've been working on for quite a few months completely over, as I thought I might upgrade to see if there were any nice new features, or better rendering quakities. Thanks a lot Autodesk, thanks for the for warning before I upgraded and opened my file, and thank you from what I read in this thread to another user for just passing the issue onto the consumer with a comment like, "well, you'll just have to upgrade YOUR system!" Maybe if you refunded half my money I could just go buy a nice new system and purchase some other companies software instead...

Anyway, again thanks, Autodesk is so awesome!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report