Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer won't let me install 3DS Max 2015

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1722 Views, 1 Reply

Installer won't let me install 3DS Max 2015

Hey everyone!

I got an issue while installing autodesk 3ds max 2015. I want to install it using the installer on drive F:, but everytime I enter the correct path and press 'Install', a window pops up showing my drives, how much space is left and how much the installation requires. I got way more space than required on F:, so that can't be the problem. I tried installing it about 3 times and occured this error everytime. And yes, I did extract it to F: too. I am using a students licence by the way.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cheers,

David

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi David!

The Autodesk installer, though installing the program to another drive (F:) specified by you, still needs to use the Windows temporary file locations during installation. This includes your Windows profile %TEMP% location as well as any additional Temporary Internet Files that need to be downloaded (i.e. Content Files) to complete installation. Additionally, some files will typically need to exist on the system drive, such as Desktop shortcuts, Start Menu icons, and additional Windows Profile settings for individual user preferences in the application. 

To get around the space limitation on your system drive to complete the Autodesk installation, you need to clear space on that drive. This can be accomplished by changing multiple system settings and moving the locations of temporary folders.

Please check out the following post for more info and accept this as a solution if it fully resolves your issue.

Out of disk space during installation to another disk drive

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report