Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installed, uninstalled, and now won't reinstall

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
L103i050S
367 Views, 3 Replies

installed, uninstalled, and now won't reinstall

It's a long story. Updated everything, ran Word and Excel (32 bit versions) and saved a file in each. Installed Product Design Suite Ultimate with zero problems. Things were perfect. Two days later there was an important update to an access database engine 2010. That update would not install. I deleted that program, downloaded a 32 bit version of that program and then the update installed in a flash. However most of the autodesk icons disappeared. The programs would open from the progams folder but there were tons of error messages. So I uninstalled all autodesk programs. Now zero autodesk programs will reinstall.

What I plan to do is buy a new hard drive, install windows 7 professional and a 64 bit office 2013 and then install the Product Design Suite Ultimate. I am mildly curious about what went wrong with the first hard drive where, after uninstalling Autodesk stuff, nothing would reinstall. My main question is whether this history of a previous installation will prevent me from installing the Suite to a new hard drive AND to a laptop in the future.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: L103i050S

What does "won't install" mean to the rest of us that can't see your computer screen or observe what you are doing?
There is always an error message and install log somewhere: share relevant information please.
Message 3 of 4
L103i050S
in reply to: pendean

When I try to install I see the Install-1.jpg. When I start clicking the OK
I see the OK-1 and OK-2 jpgs. After a few clicks of the OK button I don't
see any more error messages. But the NEXT and all other buttons are greyed
out, nothing gets installed, and so far as I know no LOG file is produced.

I am really not as much interested in this particular hard drive as I am
interested in whether this failed attempt to install Product Design Suite
will count against installation on other hard drives. As I understand it I
can install this product twice. Will this failed attempt count as an
installation?
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: L103i050S

A successful installation requires authorization. So only one so far.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report