Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed student version revit 2015

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
athar.baig495
1464 Views, 5 Replies

Installed student version revit 2015

I installed student version of Revit 2015, it installed completely fine and I made sure that all requirements are met. However, after installation, the software doesn't seem to run properly, either my cursor or some commands on the page keep flickering. I have no idea why this might be and I have checked every thing that may have been wrong with my installation method or computer but everything seems fine. I was just wondering if I was able to uninstall my student version revit 2015 and then reinstall the student version on the same computer. Is that a possibility? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ukdxb012
in reply to: athar.baig495

What is the tech spec of your workstation/laptop?

I would firstly recommend trying to install a certified graphics driver for the graphics card you have for Revit... http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

If this doesn't work, I would then suggest turning of Hardware Acceleration in Revit under Options.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
athar.baig495
in reply to: ukdxb012

Under options in Revit, I have turned off Hardware Acceleration because it states that "The installed Video Card 'Inel(R) HD graphics family' has not been tested with Revit. You may continue to use Hardware Acceraltion. If you experience graphics display issues, you should turn off Hardware Acceleration". So even after turning Hardware Acceleration off, the problem continues to exist.

My computer is a windows 8.1, 64-bit operating system. It has 8GB Ram and is 2.1GHz. If I was to install a graphics card from the link you have posted, which one would you suggest? Thanks once again.

Message 4 of 6
ukdxb012

I think you might need to disable the Intel driver in the bios, do you not have any other graphics card on board? Only disable this if you do, check the device manager for graphics cards on your machine.

In terms of Intel driver version, there isn't one approved for Revit 2015. If turning off HA hasn't helped then you haven't really got many other options.

If your a laptop user, I think you will find that the Intel Graphics just isn't going to be good enough for Revit and if a dedicated card isn't included with the laptop, then you should consider a workstation or a laptop with a better graphics card.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
athar.baig495
in reply to: ukdxb012

Thank you very much for your reply!

I do have another question which is kind of irrelevant. I installed Revit 2015 on my current computer free for 3 years as a student, if I purchased another computer, will autodesk allow me to install Revit again into my new computer with the same account?

Message 6 of 6
jessica.t

Hi @athar.baig495,

You can either transfer your license online or you can log into your account from the new machine and complete a fresh installation. Hope that helps! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report