Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
734 Views, 6 Replies

Installation

I am trying to install the student version of AutoCAD. My computer meets all the system requirements for the software but when I try to install it says my operating system isn't sufficient 😞 I have Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3! I have tried to install the 32 and 64 bit version of 2011 and 2010 with no luck...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

please check the requirements . it might be the memory or the disk space..

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=13784795

also you can't mix 32 bit with 64 bit OS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I have Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3! I have tried to install the 32 and 64 bit version of 2011 and 2010 with no luck...

Why are you trying both versions?  First figure out if you have 32-bit OR 64-bit OS. 
Does your school have a student IT Help Desk that can help you install the software?

What about your professor?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I finally got the 32 bit 2011 version to install 🙂 I do not know what the difference is between a 64 and 32 bit. I assumed the 64 included more features or was a more complete version. Also I don't know what an OS is.

My problem now is that I can't activate the product. I was emailed an activation code but when I open the product it doesn't prompt me to activate. What should I do?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I assumed the 64 bit was better so I tried that first. It didn't install because it said my operating system wasn't sufficient but I figured it had to do with space so I tried the 32 bit. I'm not really sure what the difference between the two is and I don't know what OS is but the 32 bit finally installed. Does OS stand for operating system? If so I didn't know it came in different bits.

My teachers don't know much about this either and my school has an IT department but they don't help students with their personal computers.

So I got the product to install and I opened it. I followed the prompts and it appeared to be registering and activating the product but then I was emailed an activation code. When I logged on to Autodesk it said the product was not active. The email says to open the product and follow the prompts to activate but when I open the product there are no prompts. What should I do?

Message 6 of 7
JDMather

Your version of Windows is either 32-bit or 64-bit.
Older computers typically have 32-bit Windows XP or Windows Vista Operating Systems.

Newer computers typically have 64-bit Winodws Vista or Windows 7 Operating Systems.

If your teachers do not know how to show you how to determine if you have 32-bit or 64-bit then I recommend changing schools.  Click Start button lower left corner of screen right click on Computer then left click on Properties to see what version of Windows OS you have.  (if it does not list 32-bit or 64-bit in the title of Windows OS then it is likely 32-bit that was released long before there was  a 64-bit version)

It sounds like you DID activate the license.  The emial is simply a back-up for your records.
You can verify for yourself by going to Help>About AutoCAD (or other product)>Product Information and view your License Expiration date.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you so much. It took me a while but I figured it all out and learned a lot 🙂 LOL Yes I should change schools! I installed AutoCAD, Revit & Max and checked the programs per your instructions and they are all active with 2014 expiration dates so I should be good now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report