Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Window Too Big for Screen

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
trudeaul1
8285 Views, 14 Replies

Installation Window Too Big for Screen

I have an Acer netbook and just downloaded AutoCAD 2012. I got past the license agreement screen and was only able to move on because I could access the appropriate button by hiding the bottom taskbar. On the product information screen, I can't see the bottom buttons that would allow me to move on to the next step. I've tried blind-tabbing and hitting 'enter' to hopefully get the right button, but it's not working. I either get shot to the FAQ/help page, or it asks if I want to quit the installation. I've tried changing my resolution, but it's as high as it'll go. The window won't let me re-size. So weird. Does anyone else have any tips or tricks I might try? 

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: trudeaul1

Your Acer netbook does not meet the minimum system requirements or screen size for AutoCAD 2012.  I recommend you install on a more capable workstation.  A netbook is meant for internet access. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 15
trudeaul1
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks! I don't *really* need it - just wanted to be able to finish up homework and such. I realize a netbook is not the way to go to do serious work on AutoCAD. I'll give it a try on my husband's computer and see what happens. 

Message 4 of 15
NelsonTodd4198

First off, AutoDesk should be ashamed of themselves for having the install screen so big and not allowing it to resize, if necessary.  It's that way with even True View 2013.  I have a Core i5 laptop with plenty of horsepower to run AutoCAD but it's a smaller screen.  All I needed was True View and I had to muddle through it.  Inexcusable!

My suggestion is to hook it up to an external monitor with and try and change the resolution on that.  Usually the netbooks will resize to the screen that it's hooked up to.  Most monitors will have a better screen resolution vertically that will allow you to see the screen.

Shame on AutoDesk for this blatant oversight!

Message 5 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: NelsonTodd4198

It's not an oversight.  Autodesk specifically states the minimum requirement for screen resolution. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 15
Albert.h1

I have never seen a company that has such an incompetent support base, completely unable to understand the value of positive brand apperance.

Autodesk inventor is a great product and i enjoy using it, however as soon as there is a compeditor which is of the same standard then i will happily move.

That will be soley because everytime i have a problem and read these support comments Autodesk come across as a company full of techs who are so smug about what they can do they are unable to help their customers.

Inventor is not the only software which is graphics intensive, it is however one of the only which doesn't allow you to use it on a business trip when you cant take your desktop, this keeps developers glued to their desks, this is a product oversight.

For inventor and autodesks sake in general please if you're unable to helpsome constructively please refrain from damaging their image by being an ****.

Message 7 of 15
jessica.t
in reply to: Albert.h1

Welcome to the Autodesk Community @Albert.h1,

The community consists of peer to peer support and we sincerely appreciate your participation in sharing your feedback regarding your experience, however I am sorry to see that those experiences haven't always been the best. I would be happy to explore this further with you if you like. Feel free to send me a private message at anytime and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you very much,

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 15
Spartan823
in reply to: jessica.t

alright, but minimum requirements aside, i have been using Autocad for 8 years now, for the past 4 i have been running it on my laptop, wich has more than enough processing power for the program, and it fits just fine on my screen. the ONLY problem i have with it is the fact that ALL autodesk programs are **** near uninstallable for this same reason. its not bloody hard to make a SINGLE screen capable of being resized. 

Message 9 of 15
david.lau
in reply to: Spartan823

You need to bump up your resolution.   Even if Maya was installed correctly, the Maya interface has so many UI elements, it wouldn't fit on your screen.  You may need to attach a second monitor on your computer to get the correct resolution to install and run it.

Minimum

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-req...

Recommended

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&produ...

David Lau
Message 10 of 15
Spartan823
in reply to: david.lau

YOU ARE WRONG.

I finally managed to trial and error with the tab buttons and got the program installed.

Maya 2015 runs fine, everything on screen, no problems.

Autocad 2015 runs fine, everything on screen, no problems.

Revit 2014 runs fine, everything on screen, no problems.

I have already told you I have well above the minimum requirements you all keep going back to.

THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE EVER HAD IS WITH THE INSTALLER BECAUSE YOU CANNOT RE SIZE THAT WINDOW

Message 11 of 15
platypaige

Thank YOU Spartan823!  I might not have figured out to use the tab to get the "install" button highlighted.  That IS a good solution for this issue, and the others are WRONG.  🙂  My student version of Maya is finally installing.

Message 12 of 15
dwible1

Yup, you are right :o)
Message 13 of 15
tweiss1

Greetings, All.

Here's what worked for me:

Go to Control Panel.

If you're in Category view, select Adjust Screen Resolution

then select "Make text and other items larger or smaller."

(Or if you use one of Control Panel's icon views, select Display)

This should take you to a page with "Change the size of all items"

at the top. Make sure this value is not set higher than 100%

Cheers,

George Freeman

Albuquerque, NM, USA

Message 14 of 15
ricardo_uribe

Still an issue 1-20-16. Two students trying to install Revit 2016 have same issue. The computers meet req.

Message 15 of 15
willray

What an arrogant reply! A new person seeks information and you have to act like a jerk?  I'd love to be able to use my program too but if I cannot resize things at will I have to uninstall it.  Thank goodness it's a trial version and I'm not obligated to spend my money on a salary for a jerk.  Be civil to your customers.  We're not all "geniuses" like you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report