Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation through network deployment and admin rights.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mrben09
465 Views, 1 Reply

Installation through network deployment and admin rights.

Hi,

we have a central network deployment model that has worked for many years with no issues. We now have users with locked down windows 7 machines, and they cannot do installs themselves any more as they need admin rights.So currently they have to contact central IT and get them to do the installs, and this takes time.

Is there a way of setting up the admin image so that when runs it uses elevated priviledges that we can set at the server end (as a domain admin for example). I think i'm looking for a switch of some kind but not too sure what it is.

Reading the deployment docs we could go down the SCCM route, but would be more comfortable using the native autodesk deployment model.

This is for many Autodesk products and updates and so haven't listed them here, but if we could revit as an example, i can work out how to do the rest.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: mrben09

SCCM still uses the deployment packages.  For more info, you can go here:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Alias/enu/2013/Help/0000-Alias_In0/0261-Autodesk261/0275-Alternat275/02...

I do agree that for some products, you will need an administrator account to install the software. This post may be helpful if you install and/or configure AutoCAD:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/autocad-family-configuration-file-may-be-locked-b...

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report