Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Server Issues

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
azhark14
602 Views, 7 Replies

Installation Server Issues

(Refer to attachments)

After numerous attempts to install Revit it seems I keep hurdling at this server issue.

I have reported the problem before and it was suggested that maybe I had accidently selected "network server" but i can confidently say now I have not done this! The icon is all there -- and I have watched all the help videos out there --but the screen to select standalone license or network license has not even came up!!!

i cant even get to the stage where you enter your product key!

I am guessing maybe my windows server is not new enough so I am in the process of downlaoding 2012 trial. In fact all I seem to be doing is downlaoding other programs to assist with the download of REVIT!!!

How do i get to the screen to enter my standalone license? 

Autodesk® Revit® Server is an optional server application for Revit software. Can this not be ignored for my downlaod? 

HELP!!! A repeatedly agitated student who is becoming more frustrated with the term 'autodesk installation"!

Thanks in advance

A

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: azhark14

this is what revit server is: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/community/videos/Revit_Server/Revit_Server_-_What_It_Is_and_W...

it has nothing to do with licensing

by default all software is set to standalone licensing

i have no idea what you did or what you are doing

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

did you watch these videos: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16854078&linkID=9240657&CMP=OTC-RSS...

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

did you also read the system requirements: http://usa.autodesk.com/revit/system-requirements/#server

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
azhark14

Yes i have watched all the videos and checked the requirments!! It seems to install everything but the server issue is  just the problem everytime!

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

did you read the system requirements for revit server

Operating System
 •Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 64-bit
•Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit

this is required to install revit server

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

Do you even want Revit server?  You know you don't have to install those optional tools, right?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 8
azhark14
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi,

Ni I dnt need the server at all.

But i cant rememeber coming across an option to deselect this.

I have always selected stand alone license opposed to the other option but same message error.

A

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report