Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation product key error - 057D1 Autocad LT 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
OaktreeEngineering
1331 Views, 3 Replies

installation product key error - 057D1 Autocad LT 2012

I installed the trial version and used the license transfer utility to get set up on my new computer. The installation and transfer seems to have worked fine. When I try and open autocad it wants to install again, it asks me for my serial number and product key - accepts the serial number but gives me a red x for the product key. I have tried reinstalling several times and can't make it work. Very frustrating, any information would be absolutely amazing.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I have seen this happen if you try to copy/paste it in rather than type it in.  Also, you are certain that you installed vanilla AutoCAD LT 2012?

List of 2012 product codes can be found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19726927&linkID=12305695

You might need additional help from Autodesk.  Thanks for using the community!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply.

I defiantly downloaded vanilla autocad 2012 LT. The strange thing is when I install from the download it accepts the serial and product key, then when I try to run the program the installation screen comes up again and asks for the serial and product key (this is when the product key shows the red x). Also I am using copy past for the numbers...

Message 4 of 4

Yeah... try manually typing in the numbers.  Sometimes copy/paste grabs a hidden character and makes it do wonky things.  It's at least worth a try.  Smiley Wink

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report