Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
s.lawrence
487 Views, 4 Replies

Installation Problems

After my 'request for media' through the subscription part of the website failed and I was offered no way of getting in touch with anybody, I decided to go ahead and download Building Suite 2014. Now, upon installing I am getting the attached message pinging up almost instantly.

I tried unsuccessfully to find a phone number through the subscription service, the virtual help was of no help at all and after filling out a lengthy 'request for help' sheet (to which I couldn't upload a screen shot or a .doc of the aforementioned error) the next page told me there were problems and I should try again later. So this is my last hope!

Anyway, rant over....

I've requested a disk from our resellers but it's going to take a week to get here, so the forums are my last chance!

Could anybody shed any light? For info I have installed all previous versions fine, and have full  administrative rights to all folders.

Thanks,

Stu

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
camilo.lemos
in reply to: s.lawrence

Hi Stu,

Sorry to hear about these issues.

I'm not able to see any attached messages or screenshots on your post. Could you please re-attach or describe the issue/ let us know what the error message says?

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 5
s.lawrence
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi!

Yup, sorry, shall reattach.

As I said, I've requested a disk too, but wanted to upgrade as soon as possible while work is quiet!

Message 4 of 5
s.lawrence

Sorry Camilo,

I've tried attaching both a doc file and a png file, even though I get a 'success' message, there is also a pink message that says unexpected error and it's bumping the attachment off.

The error message when trying to install 2014 says:

The system cannot open the device or file specified:

C:\Users\STUART~1\AppData\Local\_AI3C3.tmp\Content\ADSK Materials\2014\ILM\MediumImageLibrary2014.msi

Stu

Message 5 of 5
emily.xu

Can you try to disable your anti-virus and then install?

Please refer to this post.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report