Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problems with 3DS Max Student version

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
310 Views, 2 Replies

Installation problems with 3DS Max Student version

I have had the student verison of 3DS Max (2014-2015) on my computer and used the trial because I couldn't get the screen where I put in my Product key and information in. So I uninstalled the program. I have tried 9 times to get this program to download correctly and let me up in the keys.

Well recently I tried it again but this time the screen shows up and allows me to put in the information. Unfortunately now when it downloads it downloads backburner, the manager, literally everything BUT the actual program. 

I took it to the tech department at my school and the uninstall/reinstall count is to 11. I really need this program for my classes this quarter but I am at a loss on what to do now, especially since the tech department spent hours trying to fix the issue. 

Thanks in advance.

Note: my school has switched to 2015 version so this is the one I need and have been struggling with.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: Anonymous

Atomika66

Make sure you have a full download:

http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Then install from this download file. If you error, search the install log for “Failures” and if they refer to C++ or NET, uninstall them and then reinstall. This cures most install problems. You could also check the Windows Event Viewer.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dembkod

I tried it and I didn't get an error but it again only downloaded the
backburner and all the other parts, other than the actual program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report