Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

r4bliss
Message 1 of 6 (175 Views)

Installation problem

175 Views, 5 Replies
11-11-2012 01:41 PM

So i am a student who just recently made an account and i am downloading AutoCAD 2012, or trying to. 

I download the free student version from Autodesk and that goes well. Then I go through the installation process which goes well and successful too. but i cant find the application to run the program. It just isn't there. I think there was a problem in the installation process. What should/can I do? WHat should I double-check?

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 6 (144 Views)

Re: Installation problem

11-12-2012 03:56 PM in reply to: r4bliss

Hello Rishab and welcome to the community!

Have you searched in your local hard drive -> program files -> Autodesk folder? If there is nothing there, you can check your installation log to see if it completed or failed.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Philip Schmelzer
*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 3 of 6 (133 Views)

11-12-2012 05:25 PM in reply to: philip.s

Hello - I am helping one of my students with this issue - but it is with Revit Arch 2013. 

We ran throught the install and it says it is installed. but in the program listing it is not there. I have attached a few images. I am not sure where else to look. 

When I put the disk in to install it I cannot because it thinks it is installed.

It was installed with admin rights.

Any help would be appriciated.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Community Manager
philip.s
Message 4 of 6 (123 Views)

11-12-2012 10:06 PM in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi Lisa,

Did you check the installation log as well? If that doesn't provide any value, you may want to consider performing a clean uninstall and trying again.

Philip Schmelzer
*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 5 of 6 (104 Views)

11-13-2012 06:23 AM in reply to: philip.s

Hello Phiip - yes, i ran throught the log files. Did not provide any info. 

My thought was a clean uninstall  - just wanted to double check and make sure I wasn't not missing something.

I will let you know the results.

Thank you!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 6 of 6 (95 Views)

11-13-2012 07:38 AM in reply to: LisaDrago

try running ccleaner on that machine

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.