Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

hoslicutru
Message 1 of 3 (215 Views)

INSTALLATION PROBLEM

215 Views, 2 Replies
01-18-2012 03:09 AM

I had Freestyle installed and the last time I went to open it, it told me that there was a upgrade available so I told it to go ahead. It proceeded to uninstall the program and when it started to download and install the upgrade it gave me the following error "Failed downloading component, please check your internet connection and try again" well the internet connection is working fine or I would not be able to type this on your web site. I tried downloading several times and have received the same error every day for the past 5 days, I was thinking that your server was down or some kind of problem like that. I also tried reinstalling the original download that I installed from the first time and I get the same error with that file as well. I am at a loss at this point, I have no trace of the original install, and no way to reinstall, and I have a involved floorplan drawing that I have to get done by Saturday. I would also like to let you know how dissatisfied I am that there is no phone support for this product. I have attached a .jpg of the error that I have received.

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 3 (199 Views)

Re: INSTALLATION PROBLEM

01-19-2012 05:29 AM in reply to: hoslicutru

it looks like Freestyle was discontinued and replaced by a free product: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=14985022&siteID=123112

thats probaby why its giving you that error

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 3 of 3 (177 Views)

Re: INSTALLATION PROBLEM

01-19-2012 08:11 AM in reply to: hoslicutru

Darren is absolutely right.  I'm sorry that you have satisfaction issues, however, phone support is generally a service offered thru the Value Added Resellers.  You might contact a VAR in your area for product support options.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/partner/search?id=1088201&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.