Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Problem Inventor 2014

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
ca.pabon2034
5754 Views, 24 Replies

Installation Problem Inventor 2014

Hello,

I have been trying to Install Inventor 2014 and 2013 for almost a week. First I thought, there would some issue with Inventor 2013 (The version we use at my university) and after that I decided changing to Inventor 2014. I have downloaded the software and at the beginning everything goes well, but after some time it stucks, almost everytime by (Overall progress 19 of 32 remaining). I left last Sunday my computer the whole day turned on, hoping this issue to fix from itself but nothing happened.

I would really appreciate, if somebody could tell me what the problem might be and how to solve it.

By the way I have already tried all installation methods.

Thanks,

Camilo

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
in reply to: ca.pabon2034

Have the same problem...

Message 3 of 25
asburyj

Can you provide a screenshot or let us know what step the install is getting stuck on? Also, please check to make sure there are no pop-up windows that perhaps got hidden behind the main install window. Sometimes there are popups that need your imput before the install proceeds. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 4 of 25
ca.pabon2034
in reply to: asburyj

This is what happens. Every time I try to install it, it stops working unexpectedly. I have tried installing it over 5 times and I am 100% that there are no pop-up windows behind the installation window. I red in another forum, the problem would get fixed by downloading the newest version of .NET Framwork 4.5 and rebooting the system, I did this as well, but it did not work either. Some other user posted, one should reinstall Windows, but I would not like to have to do this on my personal computer, knowing that Inventor 2011 and 2013 once runned on this very same computer.

I was trying to install on the screenshot only Autodesk Inventor Professional 14 and the material libraries. I unchecked all other programs.

Message 5 of 25
asburyj

Can you collect the inventor install log and attach it here? You may need to zip it first because it can get large. The install log is saved in your temp folder and should be called something like inventor2014install.log. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in search windows in your start menu and press Enter.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 25
An.dreas

Same problem! Tried several times to install. Browser download / direkt install. All failed.

Tried an installation in a virtual machine (W7Prof 64bit with VirtualBox under Fedora 19) and direct to Win7 Home Premium 64bit - no chance!

Uninstalling Inventor, cleaning up registry, uninstalling all versions of c++ is useless - installation just failed again.

I'm attaching my install log. Hope it is useful.

Thanks a lot

Andreas

Message 7 of 25
ca.pabon2034

It's good to know that I'm not the only one having this problem.

I'm attaching my install log as well. I hope it helps to find out what the problem is.

By the way, every time I have tried to install Inventor I’ve had to force the close of the installation program and every time I get the direct launch icons on my desktop for Autodesk 360 and Autodesk Inventor 2014. Under all programs I find the Autodesk Folder with the launch icons as well, but when I click on Inventor 2014, nothing happens. I´m attaching a picture of my desktop too.

Message 8 of 25
asburyj

I noticed you have Avast installed. We just discovered in another thread that users were having to uninstall Avast to get inventor 2013 installed. I'll bet it has something to do with the issues you are having too. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Inventor-2013-installation-problem/td-p/4565699

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 25
ca.pabon2034

Thank you very much!!! I uninstalled avast and tried installing Inventor again and the installation program needed no more than 5 minutes until I could finally start using it. Once again thank you very much Jeffrey. Is there any way of giving the Autodesk team feedback on this issue? I bet there are other people, who might be having or will have the same problem.

Message 10 of 25
An.dreas

Thank you Jeffry - that was perfect! Removed Avast ( "Glump varreckt's" - Bavarian invective, not to be translated) and the installation was easy. Thank you again for your help.

Greetings from Munich.

Andreas

Message 11 of 25
asburyj

Yes I have been discussing this issue with my team this morning actually to see what steps we should take next. Thanks for confirming it's the avast issue. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 12 of 25
ca.pabon2034

Hello it's me again.

After I finally could install Inventor 2014 on my laptop, I hadn´t used it until now. I just got another surprise as I was trying to create a part and after Inventor had loaded more or less the new Part-Window, my screen went black for around 2 seconds, after that it would show again Inventor, and right away I get a message: "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7® stopped responding and has successfully recovered". The problem is, when I try working back with Inventor it won´t answer anymore or just partially. I can close the Part-Window and open a new one, but the same thing happens and when I try working on the part I cannot, because the whole window is grey, although it shows as if I were actually working on a new sketch, when I click on creating "create sketch".

I have also tried downloading the drivers directly from intel´s website but I haven´t found the right one yet. Every time I try a new one, I get "this system does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

I would really appreciate if you could help me again.

Message 13 of 25
asburyj

If the issue doesn't go away after a reboot you may want to consider performing a windows system restore to a time before the driver crash.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore

In regards to the driver update, in some case you may need to find the driver on the computer manufaturers website (Dell, HP, Lenovo, ect.) instead of the video card Manufacturer's website (Intel, Nvidia, ect.). This is because some computer manufaturers use propriatary drivers. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 14 of 25
ca.pabon2034

Thank you very much again. I went directly to the manufacturer's website and after downloading the right driver, Inventor worked backed again.
Message 15 of 25

I had installed inventor 14 on my windows 8 pc and it was working fine until i updated to windows 8.1.

I started getting "Error 0xC0000142".

After that i uninstalled inventor and tried to reinstall it but it says the language pack is already installed for the english language even though i did a clean uninstallation.

Below i have attached a file...please tell me what to do since m unable to use it.

Thanking you in advance

Message 16 of 25

ankush

That's exactly what happened to me. Now it's the last two weeks of the semester and I'm absolutely screwed.

Microsoft was no help. Tried updating all Toshiba updates, Adobe, and Autodesk, nothing.

This is the wo
Message 17 of 25
asburyj
in reply to: ankush.gupta2362

I am afraid Inventor 2014 isn't tested or supported on windows 8.1 yet. I would suggest reverting back to window 8 if you encounter any trouble and await a service pack or update that adds compatibility for that operating system. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 18 of 25
johnnyofast

How can I go back to windows 8? It's not like you get an install disk or anything.

Microsoft had my computor for 4 hours tonight and couldn't get it to work.

Thanks for your reply.

Message 19 of 25
asburyj

I am not aware of aware of a way to revert back from windows 8.1 so I suspect you will need to format the drive and re-install the OS from the recovery discs or recovery partitions of your system. You may need to consult your computer manufacturer for instructions to do this. Here is a resource from microsoft where you might be able to see what softwares are found to be working in windows 8.1 for future reference. 

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

Please remember that Autodesk only supports the operating systems listed in the system requirements of the software. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15402497&linkID=9242018

Jeffry Asbury
Message 20 of 25
shankar

i have the same problem too ... i did all  said intstructions ...but the instruction struck in the middle .... i have attached the log file and screes shot as well .... please help me as soon as possible ... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report