Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Problem- Error 1317

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nathan.robson
2166 Views, 5 Replies

Installation Problem- Error 1317

Hi there, I am attempting to install Inventor and Electrical 2015 on my computer - the basic Autodesk Inventor software installs fine but when it comes to installing the additional components, the install program attempts to create a new folder on the network's user directory which is protected - this then prevents the installation getting any further and leaves me without most of the things I actually need (Error 1317).

I've been through the help files and install program but cannot see anywhere that I can alter the installation path for the other components - is there a workaround for this at all?

Even booting the computer disconnected from the network and attempting installation does not fix the issue.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dembkod
in reply to: nathan.robson

nathan.robson

Our programs write date to the user profile space. The program needs access to this space and it sounds like it is limited for you. If you elevate your user privileges to administrator, it hopefully would let you write to the space. After this you may be able to remove the privs and still run.

There is no alteration available in the program.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 6
nathan.robson
in reply to: dembkod

Thanks for your feedback - unfortunately the IT department were unable to grant me permission to write to the correct network drive and I am still getting the same error on installation (I already have admin rights to the computer I use).

I am about to attempt to install the programs in network disabled safe mode in the hope that it will pick up the local users\home directory rather than the network users\home directory during the install.

It is quite frustrating as a colleague installed the same software without issue and I am not sure what is different as to how our computers are set up!

Would you have any suggestions for getting the install software to install to the local home directory rather than the network drive?

Message 4 of 6

Installing in safe mode didn't work, but I did manage to get around the installation problems by creating a local admin account on the computer and installing the software using that, with it being available for all users.

As far as I can tell from loading the program, Autodesk Electrical seems to be working fine on my main user account.

However, Inventor has a number of graphical glitches (which are new!) and an error message when starting a new part (which is the same error I was getting when I could only partially install the program previously):

inventor error.png

As far as I can see, there is an "R2015" file in the folder for the new admin account that I created, and I am pretty sure when I uninstalled inventor I removed all of the components so I am not 100% sure why it is still trying to look in a network location for a file that was installed locally!

Any help on the new issues would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 6
dehurd89
in reply to: dembkod

We us redirects (roaming profiles), and people are not admins on the systems.  

It seemes the appdata is not going to the complete folder location (stops two folders short).

Do you know what structure I may need to create to get beyond this error:

appdata redirect Strucure = "\\server\state\city\building\username\application data" (stops at building)

Is it limited to 24 characters on the redirected name (server share location), that is where it seems to stop?

Message 6 of 6

first,open the r20.1 folder

then click properties 

afterwards click security

next  then click edit

afterwards press add

click advanced,click find now

click adminstrator press ok 

then press full control in the

"permissions for adminstrator"

then press apply 

press ok 

then open the installer and continue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report