Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem: Communication Failurer

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
alrightalright
1266 Views, 15 Replies

Installation problem: Communication Failurer

I have a popup that doesn't allow me to install the student trial of Inventor 2015. My system is windows 7 64 bit. 

I have attached a photo of the pop up. I have tried the suggestions. 

Thank you. 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

I had the same problem and tried switching to firefox which seems to have fixed it.

Message 3 of 16

It didn't work. 😞

Message 4 of 16

Hi Jose,

Check out this Autodesk Solution and try out the suggestion there. Alternatively, you can also download the installer from our Virtual Agent. Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 5 of 16

The auto desk solution partly worked. It downloaded but when the run popup came up and it showed it will assign it to C:\Autodesk\ this message came up. Error: Product downloaded consists of multiple files. At least on file is missing or has not been down loaded yet.
Message 6 of 16
jessica.t
in reply to: alrightalright

Hi @alrightalright,

Apologies that the problem continues. Please take these steps before your next download attempt:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent
  • Changing your download method often helps

Be sure to let me know how it goes and if you run across any other issues or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 16
alrightalright
in reply to: jessica.t

It has worked now. but it gave me the option of a 30 day trial? I though it was 3 years for students? I typed in my serial number Key correctly but now it tells me that it ran out. Now it wont count it as valid. What is wrong?
Message 8 of 16
alrightalright

well?
Message 9 of 16
jessica.t

Hi @alrightalright,

There should also be an option to activate, please see these steps on how to activate your Autodesk product and let me know which part was skipped. It's also possible that your product automatically activated during installation. You'll be able to tell by closing the product and then opening it again and if you are prompted with the trial you'll need to activate using the provided instructions. But if it goes straight into the product launch screen you're all good to go. Please let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 16
alrightalright

It didn't work still. I clicked on "connect now and activate" and it still wont. I typed in the serial and product key I was emailed but the serial still wont get through. Should I try the other option to put in an activation code? How do I get this activation code? Thank you.
Message 11 of 16
jessica.t

"And it still won't", could you please elaborate on exactly what you're seeing or provide screenshots?

And here is the solution on how to manually activate using an activation code. Please let me know if this helps, thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 12 of 16
alrightalright

Sorry for the late response, was away for vacation. Here are 2 screenshots. It doesn't activate with the serial  I got emailed. 

Thank you. Whole screen.pngWhole screen1.png

Message 13 of 16

I dowsized the  images to much. Here they are again. Whole screen.pngWhole screen1.png

Message 14 of 16
jessica.t

Thanks for the screenshots!

Please try disconnecting from the internet and begin the activation process again. This should generate a request code for you to manually activate your product. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 15 of 16

Hi @alrightalright

We've updated some information on your user account and re-synched the information in our database. Can you try activating the Inventor Professional 2015 once again? Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 16 of 16

It has now worked! Much Much Thanks!

-Alrightalright

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report